The agreements with Turner Broadcasting System and Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution will add the TNT dramas to the Prime Instant Video catalog. Those who pay $79 a year for Amazon Prime — which also provides free shipping for merchandise bought from the e-retailer — will be able to see all seven seasons of The Closer as well as current and future seasons of Falling Skies. The Prime Instant Video service works on Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD (of course) as well as devices from Apple, Roku, Microsoft’s Xbox 360, Sony’s PlayStation 3, and Nintendo’s Wii U. “Subscription-on-demand services continue to grow in the consumer marketplace, and this deal represents a way to help expand our viewership from TV Everywhere and introduce a wider audience to this hit series,” says Turner Broadcasting SVP Program Acquisitions Deborah Bradley.
Amazon Reaches Exclusive Streaming Deal For ‘Falling Skies’ And ‘The Closer’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Moviegoers Will 'Get Out' Of The House & Spend $26.5M-$28M On Jordan Peele's Directorial Debut - Midday B.O. Update
Latest Business News
- California Explores Expansion of State Tax Credits to Include Incentives for Women and Minorities
- ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller Faces Jail With New Final Sentencing Date In Fraud Case
- Court Tosses Tatyana Ali Lawsuit Claiming ‘The Real’ Was Her Idea
- Viacom’s Bob Bakish Completes First Week Of Meetings For Brad Grey’s Paramount Successor
- FCC Chairman Moves To Stop Internet Privacy Plan, Seeking To Match FTC Rules
- Will Snap’s IPO Help It To Take Facebook Users And TV Ad Dollars?