The agreements with Turner Broadcasting System and Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution will add the TNT dramas to the Prime Instant Video catalog. Those who pay $79 a year for Amazon Prime — which also provides free shipping for merchandise bought from the e-retailer — will be able to see all seven seasons of The Closer as well as current and future seasons of Falling Skies. The Prime Instant Video service works on Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD (of course) as well as devices from Apple, Roku, Microsoft’s Xbox 360, Sony’s PlayStation 3, and Nintendo’s Wii U. “Subscription-on-demand services continue to grow in the consumer marketplace, and this deal represents a way to help expand our viewership from TV Everywhere and introduce a wider audience to this hit series,” says Turner Broadcasting SVP Program Acquisitions Deborah Bradley.
Amazon Reaches Exclusive Streaming Deal For ‘Falling Skies’ And ‘The Closer’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Business News
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Battling For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- Point.360 To Acquire Troubled Postproduction House Modern VideoFilm
- Time Warner Cable Nears A Decision On A New Merger Deal – Reports
- Hollywood Teamsters Reach Contract Deal With Basic Crafts Unions
- Martha Coolidge: Blaming DGA For Lack Of Female Directors Is “Dangerous Side-Path”