The agreements with Turner Broadcasting System and Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution will add the TNT dramas to the Prime Instant Video catalog. Those who pay $79 a year for Amazon Prime — which also provides free shipping for merchandise bought from the e-retailer — will be able to see all seven seasons of The Closer as well as current and future seasons of Falling Skies. The Prime Instant Video service works on Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD (of course) as well as devices from Apple, Roku, Microsoft’s Xbox 360, Sony’s PlayStation 3, and Nintendo’s Wii U. “Subscription-on-demand services continue to grow in the consumer marketplace, and this deal represents a way to help expand our viewership from TV Everywhere and introduce a wider audience to this hit series,” says Turner Broadcasting SVP Program Acquisitions Deborah Bradley.
Amazon Reaches Exclusive Streaming Deal For ‘Falling Skies’ And ‘The Closer’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Movie Theater Stocks Rebound After Chains Jettison 'The Interview'
- Lionsgate Sought Deal Talks With Sony Hacked Emails Reveal
- 'The Interview' NYC Premiere Canceled
- Barry Meyer Named To Federal Reserve Bank's Board In San Francisco
- Theater Owners Showing 'The Interview' Put Themselves At Potential Legal Risk
- Sony Shares Fall, But Not Just Because Of The Hack Attack