The agreements with Turner Broadcasting System and Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution will add the TNT dramas to the Prime Instant Video catalog. Those who pay $79 a year for Amazon Prime — which also provides free shipping for merchandise bought from the e-retailer — will be able to see all seven seasons of The Closer as well as current and future seasons of Falling Skies. The Prime Instant Video service works on Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD (of course) as well as devices from Apple, Roku, Microsoft’s Xbox 360, Sony’s PlayStation 3, and Nintendo’s Wii U. “Subscription-on-demand services continue to grow in the consumer marketplace, and this deal represents a way to help expand our viewership from TV Everywhere and introduce a wider audience to this hit series,” says Turner Broadcasting SVP Program Acquisitions Deborah Bradley.
Amazon Reaches Exclusive Streaming Deal For ‘Falling Skies’ And ‘The Closer’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest Business News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- Sumner Redstone Agrees To Meet With Granddaughter In Court Settlement
- Viacom Board Voices Confidence In Paramount’s Brad Grey After Thursday Grilling By Board
- Massachusetts Judge Calls On Redstones To Settle Family Dispute Privately
- Nielsen Pegs TV Households At 118.4M For 2016-17 Season