The agreements with Turner Broadcasting System and Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution will add the TNT dramas to the Prime Instant Video catalog. Those who pay $79 a year for Amazon Prime — which also provides free shipping for merchandise bought from the e-retailer — will be able to see all seven seasons of The Closer as well as current and future seasons of Falling Skies. The Prime Instant Video service works on Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD (of course) as well as devices from Apple, Roku, Microsoft’s Xbox 360, Sony’s PlayStation 3, and Nintendo’s Wii U. “Subscription-on-demand services continue to grow in the consumer marketplace, and this deal represents a way to help expand our viewership from TV Everywhere and introduce a wider audience to this hit series,” says Turner Broadcasting SVP Program Acquisitions Deborah Bradley.
Amazon Reaches Exclusive Streaming Deal For ‘Falling Skies’ And ‘The Closer’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- Is Apple Interested In Making A Bid For Time Warner Or Netflix?
- Broadway’s Miller Time Continues With Roundabout Revival Of ‘The Price’
- ‘Paramour’ Lands On 42nd Street, One Small Step For Broadway, One Giant Leap For Cirque Du Soleil, Inc…
- ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ Heads To Broadway For November Bow
- Lionsgate Shares Soar As March Quarter Earnings Beat Expectations