The agreements with Turner Broadcasting System and Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution will add the TNT dramas to the Prime Instant Video catalog. Those who pay $79 a year for Amazon Prime — which also provides free shipping for merchandise bought from the e-retailer — will be able to see all seven seasons of The Closer as well as current and future seasons of Falling Skies. The Prime Instant Video service works on Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD (of course) as well as devices from Apple, Roku, Microsoft’s Xbox 360, Sony’s PlayStation 3, and Nintendo’s Wii U. “Subscription-on-demand services continue to grow in the consumer marketplace, and this deal represents a way to help expand our viewership from TV Everywhere and introduce a wider audience to this hit series,” says Turner Broadcasting SVP Program Acquisitions Deborah Bradley.
Amazon Reaches Exclusive Streaming Deal For ‘Falling Skies’ And ‘The Closer’
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest Business News
- Disney’s Maker Studios Layoffs Underway As Part Of “Strategic Adjustments”
- Lionsgate’s Jon Feltheimer Made $10.9M In Fiscal 2016, Up 61.5%
- “New” Michael Crichton Novel ‘Dragon Teeth’ Coming Out Next Year
- CBS Chief Won’t Talk About Viacom, But Calls His Company “Complete”
- Starz Reports Lower Q2 Earnings But Touts Lionsgate Deal And ‘Force Awakens’ Bow
- SAG-AFTRA Puts Fox’s Stunt Show ‘Heaven Sent’ On Strike List