The agreements with Turner Broadcasting System and Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution will add the TNT dramas to the Prime Instant Video catalog. Those who pay $79 a year for Amazon Prime — which also provides free shipping for merchandise bought from the e-retailer — will be able to see all seven seasons of The Closer as well as current and future seasons of Falling Skies. The Prime Instant Video service works on Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD (of course) as well as devices from Apple, Roku, Microsoft’s Xbox 360, Sony’s PlayStation 3, and Nintendo’s Wii U. “Subscription-on-demand services continue to grow in the consumer marketplace, and this deal represents a way to help expand our viewership from TV Everywhere and introduce a wider audience to this hit series,” says Turner Broadcasting SVP Program Acquisitions Deborah Bradley.
Amazon Reaches Exclusive Streaming Deal For ‘Falling Skies’ And ‘The Closer’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Miss Peregrine' Rules With $26M; 'Deepwater Horizon' Raises To $20M; 'Masterminds' Dumbs Down - Sat. Update
'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children' Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton's Perfect Match
Latest Business News
- Scrap California Film Incentives? Nonpartisan State Analyst Says Maybe – Again
- Can CBS And Viacom Investors See Eye-To-Eye On Merger Numbers?
- Viacom’s New Directors Will Lead Committee Weighing CBS Deal
- Media Stocks Share Gains In Generally Upbeat Q3 Market
- Hollywood & Broadway To Put On Big-Money Show For Hillary Clinton
- Anonymous Content Finds Its New Strategic Partner: Laurene Powell Jobs’ Emerson Collective