The agreements with Turner Broadcasting System and Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution will add the TNT dramas to the Prime Instant Video catalog. Those who pay $79 a year for Amazon Prime — which also provides free shipping for merchandise bought from the e-retailer — will be able to see all seven seasons of The Closer as well as current and future seasons of Falling Skies. The Prime Instant Video service works on Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD (of course) as well as devices from Apple, Roku, Microsoft’s Xbox 360, Sony’s PlayStation 3, and Nintendo’s Wii U. “Subscription-on-demand services continue to grow in the consumer marketplace, and this deal represents a way to help expand our viewership from TV Everywhere and introduce a wider audience to this hit series,” says Turner Broadcasting SVP Program Acquisitions Deborah Bradley.
Amazon Reaches Exclusive Streaming Deal For ‘Falling Skies’ And ‘The Closer’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- FCC Spikes Its Sports Blackout Rules
- Regal Won't Show 'Crouching Tiger 2′ On Its IMAX Screens
- DreamWorks Animation's Negotiations With SoftBank Have Cooled: Report
- What Is SoftBank, And Why Might It Want DreamWorks Animation?
- UPDATE: Deal Talk Lifts DreamWorks Animation Shares While Analysts Question Its Logic
- Derek Jeter's Yankee Stadium Farewell Scores Record-Setting Streams For MLB.TV