There has been a lot of chatter online since we last week broke the story that Prospect Park has resurrected its plan to continue cancelled ABC daytime dramas All My Children and One Life To Live online. Here is what I’ve learned. Still no firm production start date, but the hope is to begin filming by February in Stamford, CT. Talks are underway with cast members and executive producers though no deals are done. (Last year, Prospect Park had locked in One Life To Live’s executive producer Frank Valentini and head writer Ron Carlivati but they jumped to ABC’s General Hospital after Prospect Park’s initial effort to keep AMC and OLTL alive failed.) Both All My Children and One Life To Live would feature 30-minute episodes with limited advertising vs. 60-minute for their recent run on ABC. (OLTL actually started off in a half-hour format before expanding to 45 minutes and then an hour.) After clinching deals with SAG-AFTRA and DGA, which paved the way to getting All My Children and One Life To Live’s revival back on track, I hear the producers plan to forgo an agreement with WGA and use “financial core” writers, i.e. scribes who have given up full membership in the guild in order to work on the shows. Coincidentally, five years ago it was soap writers (on CBS’ Young & The Restless) who went fi-core during the WGA strike to be able to continue to work on the daytime drama series.) Like the first time, Prospect Park is pursuing a traditional TV second window for the soaps, possibly on cable.
‘All My Children’ & ‘One Life To Live’ Revival Update: Location, Format, Fi-Core Writers
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest TV News
- Univision Pulls Ads; Owner Of Orlando Pulse Club, Mothers, Victims, GLADD Press The Network To Stop “Blood Bath”
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night
- ‘Doctor Who’ Trailer Teases Return Of “Most Dangerous Man In The Universe”
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Slams ‘Bait’-Taking Liberals & Huggy, Panda-Loving TV Journalists