MadTV alumna and Family Guy voice cast member Alex Borstein is writing the pilot script, which will be executive produced by Abbott, creator of the British and co-creator of the U.S. version of Shameless. The two have worked together on Showtime’s Shameless, where Borstein has served as a writer-consulting producer. Produced by Sony Pictures TV, Linda Green is a blue-collar show set in Boston that revolves around the eponymous character and her four best friends as they navigate their way through their 30s, tackling love, marriage and stability. They are no saints, and each episode takes a peek into their life as they try to be just a little kinder to one another. But only a little. Prolific British writer Abbott created the original series, produced by Red Prods, with Nicola Shindler (watch an excerpt below). Borstein and Abbott are executive producing the Fox version with BBC Worldwide Prods’ Jane Tranter and Julie Gardner.
Alex Borstein And Paul Abbott Adapting British Series ‘Linda Green’ For Fox
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series