MadTV alumna and Family Guy voice cast member Alex Borstein is writing the pilot script, which will be executive produced by Abbott, creator of the British and co-creator of the U.S. version of Shameless. The two have worked together on Showtime’s Shameless, where Borstein has served as a writer-consulting producer. Produced by Sony Pictures TV, Linda Green is a blue-collar show set in Boston that revolves around the eponymous character and her four best friends as they navigate their way through their 30s, tackling love, marriage and stability. They are no saints, and each episode takes a peek into their life as they try to be just a little kinder to one another. But only a little. Prolific British writer Abbott created the original series, produced by Red Prods, with Nicola Shindler (watch an excerpt below). Borstein and Abbott are executive producing the Fox version with BBC Worldwide Prods’ Jane Tranter and Julie Gardner.
Alex Borstein And Paul Abbott Adapting British Series ‘Linda Green’ For Fox
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21