With ABC‘s Tuesday comedy block gone in mid-March, the network has found a temporary home for some of the leftover episodes of the block’s two current series, Happy Endings and Don’t Trust The B—- In Apt. 23. For the first three weeks in January, ABC will air new episodes of the two comedies in the Sunday 10 PM hour while also running originals in the shows’ regular Tuesday 9-10 PM slots. As part of the move, ABC is pulling cancelled freshman drama 666 Park Ave, which was to continue in the Sunday 10 PM time slot until it finishes its 13-episode run. The remaining episodes of the series will now air in the summer. Happy Endings and Apt. 23 will air on Sunday on January 6, 13 and 20. ABC has a Hallmark movie scheduled for the following Sunday, January 27. The network is yet to book February 3, 10 and 17, so conceivably, if the comedies do well there (which is considered a very long shot), the network can keep Happy Endings there. With the January double-pumping, ABC will have four episodes left of the third-year comedy (and none of Apt. 23, which had a 19-episode order). The Academy Awards air on February 24, followed by the premiere of midseason drama Red Widow the following Sunday.
ABC Pulls Remaining Episodes Of ‘666 Park Ave’, Will Air ‘Happy Endings’ & ‘Apt. 23’ In Sunday 10 PM Slot In January
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Latest TV News
- Obama Derides Donald Trump In ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Visit
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek