Newcomers Jessie Miller and Bennett Wolin have sold spec comedy script The Messed Uptons to NBC through 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine TV. Stacy Traub (Glee) is on board to executive produce the project, which marks the first sale for Miller and Wolin, former writers assistants. The two will co-executive produce the comedy, which centers on 33-year-old Jenn Upton. After hitting rock bottom, she discovers she’s actually the crazy glue that holds her broken family together and learns that life isn’t so embarrassing if your family is as big of a mess as you are. Traub is repped by UTA, which also reps Miller and Wolin, and attorney Ken Richman.
Writing Duo Sells Family Comedy To NBC Produced By Stacy Traub And Imagine TV
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'