Newcomers Jessie Miller and Bennett Wolin have sold spec comedy script The Messed Uptons to NBC through 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine TV. Stacy Traub (Glee) is on board to executive produce the project, which marks the first sale for Miller and Wolin, former writers assistants. The two will co-executive produce the comedy, which centers on 33-year-old Jenn Upton. After hitting rock bottom, she discovers she’s actually the crazy glue that holds her broken family together and learns that life isn’t so embarrassing if your family is as big of a mess as you are. Traub is repped by UTA, which also reps Miller and Wolin, and attorney Ken Richman.
Writing Duo Sells Family Comedy To NBC Produced By Stacy Traub And Imagine TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Exits, Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016
- ‘Roots’ Opens With Cable’s Biggest Overall Miniseries Audience In 3 Years
- ‘Legion’: FX Picks Up Marvel’s X-Men Pilot Starring Dan Stevens To Series