Newcomers Jessie Miller and Bennett Wolin have sold spec comedy script The Messed Uptons to NBC through 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine TV. Stacy Traub (Glee) is on board to executive produce the project, which marks the first sale for Miller and Wolin, former writers assistants. The two will co-executive produce the comedy, which centers on 33-year-old Jenn Upton. After hitting rock bottom, she discovers she’s actually the crazy glue that holds her broken family together and learns that life isn’t so embarrassing if your family is as big of a mess as you are. Traub is repped by UTA, which also reps Miller and Wolin, and attorney Ken Richman.
Writing Duo Sells Family Comedy To NBC Produced By Stacy Traub And Imagine TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live': Video
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive