Newcomers Jessie Miller and Bennett Wolin have sold spec comedy script The Messed Uptons to NBC through 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine TV. Stacy Traub (Glee) is on board to executive produce the project, which marks the first sale for Miller and Wolin, former writers assistants. The two will co-executive produce the comedy, which centers on 33-year-old Jenn Upton. After hitting rock bottom, she discovers she’s actually the crazy glue that holds her broken family together and learns that life isn’t so embarrassing if your family is as big of a mess as you are. Traub is repped by UTA, which also reps Miller and Wolin, and attorney Ken Richman.
Writing Duo Sells Family Comedy To NBC Produced By Stacy Traub And Imagine TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate