UTA Book Department Co-Head and literary agent Kassie Evashevski has been made Partner at the agency, it was announced today. “Her partner promotion reflects her invaluable contributions to the agency over the years and the important role she will continue to play in our success,” said David Kramer, UTA’s Managing Director and Head of Motion Picture Literary Department. Evashevski’s client roster includes Twilight author Stephenie Meyer, Salman Rushdie, Inheritance Cycle author Christopher Paolini, Wally Lamb, Jonathan Tropper, whose One Last Thing Before I Go was picked up by Paramount for $1 million in January and Ree Drummond whose cookbook/memoir The Pioneer Women was acquired by Sony in 2010 and will star Reese Witherspoon. Earlier this year, Evashevski negotiated the deal that saw 20th Century Fox acquire the rights to self-published dystopian future novel Wool. Evashevski joined UTA back in 2007 after a decade as a manager at Brillstein Entertainment Partners. Prior to that, Evashevski was at Writer’s House literary agency in New York and Random House.
UTA Promotes Literary Agent Kassie Evashevski To Partner
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21.7M As 'Rampage' Beats Chest, 'Super Trooper 2' Surprises - Sunday AM Update
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To 'Terminator', And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On 'Avatar' Sequels
'Rampage' Rounds $216M Overseas; 'A Quiet Place' Cranks WW Volume To $207M - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2018 – Part 2: John Legend, Jeffrey Wright, Alia Shawkat, Jay Ellis & More
- Andrea Nevins Documents Moment Of Barbie’s Transformation With ‘Tiny Shoulders’ — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $216M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…
- ‘The Caretaker’ Filmmakers Launch VR Company Hidden Content At Tribeca
- Sarasota Film Festival Caps 20th Anniversary Edition With Jury Prizes For ‘I Am Not A Witch’ And ‘Minding The Gap…
- British Politicians Urge Inclusion Riders To Be Introduced To Secure Film & High-End TV Tax Relief