UTA Book Department Co-Head and literary agent Kassie Evashevski has been made Partner at the agency, it was announced today. “Her partner promotion reflects her invaluable contributions to the agency over the years and the important role she will continue to play in our success,” said David Kramer, UTA’s Managing Director and Head of Motion Picture Literary Department. Evashevski’s client roster includes Twilight author Stephenie Meyer, Salman Rushdie, Inheritance Cycle author Christopher Paolini, Wally Lamb, Jonathan Tropper, whose One Last Thing Before I Go was picked up by Paramount for $1 million in January and Ree Drummond whose cookbook/memoir The Pioneer Women was acquired by Sony in 2010 and will star Reese Witherspoon. Earlier this year, Evashevski negotiated the deal that saw 20th Century Fox acquire the rights to self-published dystopian future novel Wool. Evashevski joined UTA back in 2007 after a decade as a manager at Brillstein Entertainment Partners. Prior to that, Evashevski was at Writer’s House literary agency in New York and Random House.
UTA Promotes Literary Agent Kassie Evashevski To Partner
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Film News
- Seth Grahame-Smith Bolts From WB’s ‘The Flash’; Search On For New Director
- ‘Maze Runner’ Sequel Production Shut Down Indefinitely For Dylan O’Brien Recovery – Update
- Sierra/Affinity Boards Andrew Niccol’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Anon’ – Cannes
- ‘Jungle Book’ Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; ‘Mother’s Day’ Has Edge Over ‘Keanu…
- The Orchard Promotes Paul Davidson To Exec VP
- Home Entertainment Spending Fell 9% In Q1 Not Including Streaming Services