Turner Classic Movies has pacted with the estate of Johnny Carson to produce Carson On TCM, a showcase of Hollywood interviews from Carson’s three decades as host of The Tonight Show — many of which have not been seen since their original airdates. The deal licenses 50 interviews from the Carson Entertainment Group archives, and the network plans a summer 2013 launch. The list includes more than 20 Oscar winners including Bette Davis, Henry Fonda, William Holden, Gregory Peck, Jimmy Stewart and Elizabeth Taylor. The series will be curated by Peter Jones (Johnny Carson: King of Late Night). Here’s a peek:
TCM Makes Deal For Johnny Carson’s ‘Tonight Show’ Interviews: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Latest TV News
- White House Takes Victory Lap On Senate Deal To End Government Shutdown
- T Group Productions Inks Co-Production Deal With Everywhere Studios
- Netflix Reports Fourth-Quarter Earnings Beat Estimates, Thanks To ‘The Crown’ And ‘Bright’
- ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
- Fox Names 2018 Writers Lab Participants
- Motion Picture Sound Editors Reveal Golden Reel Nominations