A third man has filed a lawsuit against Sesame Street puppeteer Kevin Clash, the longtime actor behind the PBS series’ leading character Elmo who resigned last week amid allegations of having underage sex with boys. The latest suit, filed today in Manhattan, is from an unidentified Florida man who claims that he and Clash connected on a gay telephone chat line when the man was 16 in 2000, and the two had sexual encounters at Clash’s New York apartment. A spokeswoman says Clash “believes this lawsuit has no merit.” Clash stepped down a week ago after a second accuser filed suit alleging he had underage sex with Clash, who had been on Sesame Street for 28 years. The first accuser in the scandal came forward earlier this month after filing a lawsuit; Clash was put on leave by series producer Sesame Workshop; that accuser later recanted his story.
Third Accuser Files Suit Against Kevin Clash
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks