A third man has filed a lawsuit against Sesame Street puppeteer Kevin Clash, the longtime actor behind the PBS series’ leading character Elmo who resigned last week amid allegations of having underage sex with boys. The latest suit, filed today in Manhattan, is from an unidentified Florida man who claims that he and Clash connected on a gay telephone chat line when the man was 16 in 2000, and the two had sexual encounters at Clash’s New York apartment. A spokeswoman says Clash “believes this lawsuit has no merit.” Clash stepped down a week ago after a second accuser filed suit alleging he had underage sex with Clash, who had been on Sesame Street for 28 years. The first accuser in the scandal came forward earlier this month after filing a lawsuit; Clash was put on leave by series producer Sesame Workshop; that accuser later recanted his story.
Third Accuser Files Suit Against Kevin Clash
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'