The Weinstein Company initially had planned to open the David O. Russell picture wide on Thanksgiving weekend, but now says The Silver Linings Playbook will open in about 16 theaters in 10 cities this weekend. Then it will expand into 440 locations over Thanksgiving weekend. That’s down from the company’s previous estimate of 2,000 theaters. Weinstein probably will add more cinemas weekly through December, possibly reaching 2,000+ locations after New Year’s. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence star in the pic that has scored several key festival wins.
‘Silver Linings Playbook’ Shifts To Platform Rollout
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’
- CBS Films Sets Boston Marathon Bombing Pic ‘Patriots’ Day'; Mark Wahlberg Eyes Police Commish Ed Davis Role