The Weinstein Company initially had planned to open the David O. Russell picture wide on Thanksgiving weekend, but now says The Silver Linings Playbook will open in about 16 theaters in 10 cities this weekend. Then it will expand into 440 locations over Thanksgiving weekend. That’s down from the company’s previous estimate of 2,000 theaters. Weinstein probably will add more cinemas weekly through December, possibly reaching 2,000+ locations after New Year’s. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence star in the pic that has scored several key festival wins.
‘Silver Linings Playbook’ Shifts To Platform Rollout
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'
- TNT Nabs Rights To Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games' & 'Divergent' Franchises
- AFI Directing Workshop For Women Announces Episodic Program
- Hot Trailer: 'Innocence'