The Weinstein Company initially had planned to open the David O. Russell picture wide on Thanksgiving weekend, but now says The Silver Linings Playbook will open in about 16 theaters in 10 cities this weekend. Then it will expand into 440 locations over Thanksgiving weekend. That’s down from the company’s previous estimate of 2,000 theaters. Weinstein probably will add more cinemas weekly through December, possibly reaching 2,000+ locations after New Year’s. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence star in the pic that has scored several key festival wins.
‘Silver Linings Playbook’ Shifts To Platform Rollout
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Compete As ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…