The Weinstein Company initially had planned to open the David O. Russell picture wide on Thanksgiving weekend, but now says The Silver Linings Playbook will open in about 16 theaters in 10 cities this weekend. Then it will expand into 440 locations over Thanksgiving weekend. That’s down from the company’s previous estimate of 2,000 theaters. Weinstein probably will add more cinemas weekly through December, possibly reaching 2,000+ locations after New Year’s. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence star in the pic that has scored several key festival wins.
‘Silver Linings Playbook’ Shifts To Platform Rollout
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Towards Future Of Paramount
- ‘Han Solo Star Wars’ Movie Underway: First Look
- SXSW 2017: Bob Odenkirk, Chris Hardwick & Whitney Cummings Among Lineup For Comedy Festival
- ‘Atlanta’s Bryan Tyree Henry Joins ‘White Boy Rick’