Indican Pictures acquired North American rights back in August to the late Ernest Borgnine’s final film The Man Who Shook The Hand Of Vicente Fernández, which will be released in LA on December 7. The date provides an awards-qualification behind Borgnine’s final performance; the Oscar-winner died in July at age 95. Elia Petridis wrote and directed the pic, about a stubborn man who becomes the hero of his nursing home upon leading the Latino staff in a revolt against the tyrannical owner. Barry Corbin, Carla Ortiz, Dale Dickey and Tony Plana co-star.
Hot Trailer: ‘The Man Who Shook The Hand Of Vicente Fernandez’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Katherine McNamara Books 'The Maze Runner 2′ & 'Indiscretion'
- Brad Pitt's Plan B To Receive PGA's 2015 Visionary Award
- 'The Omen' & 'The Krays' Billie Whitelaw Dead At 82
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'