Indican Pictures acquired North American rights back in August to the late Ernest Borgnine’s final film The Man Who Shook The Hand Of Vicente Fernández, which will be released in LA on December 7. The date provides an awards-qualification behind Borgnine’s final performance; the Oscar-winner died in July at age 95. Elia Petridis wrote and directed the pic, about a stubborn man who becomes the hero of his nursing home upon leading the Latino staff in a revolt against the tyrannical owner. Barry Corbin, Carla Ortiz, Dale Dickey and Tony Plana co-star.
Hot Trailer: ‘The Man Who Shook The Hand Of Vicente Fernandez’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Heads To Hulu Plus
- Courtney B. Vance & James Remar Join 'State Of Affairs'; Jennifer Healy Takes 'Selfie'
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'
- EMMYS: Mindy Kaling, Liev Schreiber, Kate Walsh & More Join Presenters List
- Damon Lindelof Pens 'Lost'-Themed Episode Of 'Phineas And Ferb'
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates