This is a premise parents of unruly teen kids can relate to — a series about a world where youths are quarantined after a mysterious virus makes adults allergic to teenagers. The CW has bought the spec, titled Sick. Described as a provocative cross between Contagion and The Hunger Games, it centers on a band of teens who escape from their containment units and go on the run from authorities. Trey Callaway and Sean Hood wrote the script, which was sold directly to the CW. ICM Partners-repped Callaway is currently the co-executive producer of CSI: NY and also is developing the drama Help Wanted for TNT. APA-repped Hood is best known for his genre work on Halloween: Resurrection, Fear Itself and Masters Of Horror.
The CW Buys Teen Survival Drama Spec
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over