Thanks to yesterday’s overseas box office numbers, Universal‘s R-rated comedy has crossed the $500M mark globally. It’s now grossed $281.4M internationally and $218.7M in North America. Ted already was the highest-grossing R-rated comedy of all time and the studio’s top-grossing film of 2012 after the raunchy comedy opened the last week of June to $54.4 million. Seth MacFarlane wrote and directed and provided the voice for the film’s title character, and Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis co-starred. Media Rights Capital developed it with Scott Stuber, who produced with MacFarlane, John Jacobs and Jason Clark.
Universal’s ‘Ted’ Passes $500M Worldwide
What's Hot on Deadline
'Last Man On Earth' Finale: EPs Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Tease "Awesome" Season 2 & Post-Apocalyptic Fun
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Flies To 2nd Highest Bow Of All-Time With $191.3M- Final Monday Update
- ‘Ultron’ Outpacing ‘Avengers’ & ‘IM3′ With A Final $439.8M; ‘F7′ Fuels Up – Intl…
- Disney Crosses $1B At International Box Office; Propelled By ‘Ultron’, ‘Cinderella’
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Takes Overseas Cume To $340M; Goes Global With $425M
- Tom Hardy Soviet Drama ‘Child 44′ Bombs At Box Office: What The Hell Happened?
- Tony! Nominations! Put Ads (And Even Some Artists!) In Broadway’s Spotlight!