Thanks to yesterday’s overseas box office numbers, Universal‘s R-rated comedy has crossed the $500M mark globally. It’s now grossed $281.4M internationally and $218.7M in North America. Ted already was the highest-grossing R-rated comedy of all time and the studio’s top-grossing film of 2012 after the raunchy comedy opened the last week of June to $54.4 million. Seth MacFarlane wrote and directed and provided the voice for the film’s title character, and Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis co-starred. Media Rights Capital developed it with Scott Stuber, who produced with MacFarlane, John Jacobs and Jason Clark.
Universal’s ‘Ted’ Passes $500M Worldwide
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'