Thanks to yesterday’s overseas box office numbers, Universal‘s R-rated comedy has crossed the $500M mark globally. It’s now grossed $281.4M internationally and $218.7M in North America. Ted already was the highest-grossing R-rated comedy of all time and the studio’s top-grossing film of 2012 after the raunchy comedy opened the last week of June to $54.4 million. Seth MacFarlane wrote and directed and provided the voice for the film’s title character, and Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis co-starred. Media Rights Capital developed it with Scott Stuber, who produced with MacFarlane, John Jacobs and Jason Clark.
Universal’s ‘Ted’ Passes $500M Worldwide
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ $30M Debut; ‘Lights Out’ $8.3M; ‘Ice Age’ Franchise Crosses $3B To Best ‘Shrek’; China Loves ‘Skiptrace’ – Int…
- Mike Birbiglia's 'Don't Think Twice' Tops $90K In Exclusive Run; 'Hillary's America' Grabs $3.7M: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59.6M, Third Best Debut In The Series – Sunday Update
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $59.6M: But Why Is It Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- 'Absolutely Fabulous' Binges On The Big Screen; Mike Birbiglia Tackles Improv: Specialty Preview
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Climbs On Social Media After Moving Comic-Con World Premiere