Thanks to yesterday’s overseas box office numbers, Universal‘s R-rated comedy has crossed the $500M mark globally. It’s now grossed $281.4M internationally and $218.7M in North America. Ted already was the highest-grossing R-rated comedy of all time and the studio’s top-grossing film of 2012 after the raunchy comedy opened the last week of June to $54.4 million. Seth MacFarlane wrote and directed and provided the voice for the film’s title character, and Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis co-starred. Media Rights Capital developed it with Scott Stuber, who produced with MacFarlane, John Jacobs and Jason Clark.
Universal’s ‘Ted’ Passes $500M Worldwide
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM