Thanks to yesterday’s overseas box office numbers, Universal‘s R-rated comedy has crossed the $500M mark globally. It’s now grossed $281.4M internationally and $218.7M in North America. Ted already was the highest-grossing R-rated comedy of all time and the studio’s top-grossing film of 2012 after the raunchy comedy opened the last week of June to $54.4 million. Seth MacFarlane wrote and directed and provided the voice for the film’s title character, and Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis co-starred. Media Rights Capital developed it with Scott Stuber, who produced with MacFarlane, John Jacobs and Jason Clark.
Universal’s ‘Ted’ Passes $500M Worldwide
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- James Franco, Seth Rogen Celebrate Jimmy Fallon's 40th In Their Birthday Suits: VIDEO
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'