John de Mol’s Talpa Media and News Corp.‘s recently formed content development and investment vehicle Puji Star Media are digging deeper into China. The companies have launched a joint venture dubbed Talpa China Star to produce and distribute local versions of formats culled from Talpa’s catalog. Talpa’s flagship show, The Voice, was produced locally as The Voice Of China earlier this year by News Corp-backed Star China Media. (In July, Star China hooked up with investment and asset management firm Puji Capital to form Puji Star Media.) Season 1 reached 500M viewers and Season 2 is moving forward. Other Talpa formats to successfully cross over to China include I Love My Country and Sing It.
Talpa Media And News Corp’s Puji Star Form Joint Venture For Formats In China
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'
- UPDATE: UK Jewish Film Fest, London's Tricycle Cinema Reach Entente