John de Mol’s Talpa Media and News Corp.‘s recently formed content development and investment vehicle Puji Star Media are digging deeper into China. The companies have launched a joint venture dubbed Talpa China Star to produce and distribute local versions of formats culled from Talpa’s catalog. Talpa’s flagship show, The Voice, was produced locally as The Voice Of China earlier this year by News Corp-backed Star China Media. (In July, Star China hooked up with investment and asset management firm Puji Capital to form Puji Star Media.) Season 1 reached 500M viewers and Season 2 is moving forward. Other Talpa formats to successfully cross over to China include I Love My Country and Sing It.
Talpa Media And News Corp’s Puji Star Form Joint Venture For Formats In China
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- 19 Dead After Explosion At Ariana Grande Concert In UK; Suicide Bomber Suspected
- Bob Beckel Accuser Retains Lawyer Behind Fox News Discrimination Suits
- The Orchard Lands Cannes Competition Pic ‘BPM’; Samuel Goldwyn Inhales Tribeca’s ‘Holy Air’
- Barry Jenkins On ‘The Underground Railroad’ And The Power Of “No” – Deadline Disruptors
- Big Media CEO Compensation Rose 21% In 2016: Is It More Out Of Whack Than Ever?
- ‘Beauty And The Dogs’ Acquired By Oscilloscope – Cannes