The network has set a 10 PM February 26 premiere date for Robot Combat League, a reality series that will showcase tournament-style battles between 8-foot humaniod robots. WWE wrestler Chris Jericho will host the show that will feature 12 teams consisting of a unique robot, a fighter controlling them with a suit that translates their movements to the machines, and a robotics engineer. Winners of each week’s fight move on to the next round. The robots are designed and created by Mark Setrakain, who has worked on creature effects on movies like Men In Black, The Grinch and Hellboy. Smart Dog Media is producing the Syfy series, with Craig Plestis serving as executive producer.
Syfy Flips Switch On ‘Robot Combat League’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest TV News
- ‘Luther’, ‘Mistresses’ & ‘Life On Mars’ Getting Korean Remakes – BBC Showcase
- Fox News Launching Standalone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’