EXCLUSIVE: The Weinstein Company has acquired the Michael Gates Gill memoir How Starbucks Saved My Life. Published in 2007 by Gotham Books, the memoir had originally been acquired by Universal for Gus Van Sant to direct and for Tom Hanks to star. It tells the author’s story of suffering a professional fall from grace and regaining his mojo while pouring coffee at his local Starbucks. Polly Johnsen and Christy Ezzell, of Polymorphic Pictures will produce, with Dylan Sellers overseeing for TWC. Shari Smiley of The Smiley Group made the deal for Michael Gates Gill in conjunction with the Gillian MacKenzie Agency.
‘Starbucks’ Percolating At Weinstein Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts
- John Leonetti To Direct Broad Green Horror Thriller ‘Wish Upon’
- Karen Gillan Lands Female Lead In Indie ‘All Creatures Here Below’
- ‘Split’ Trailer: James McAvoy Feeds The Beast And Many Others