EXCLUSIVE: The Weinstein Company has acquired the Michael Gates Gill memoir How Starbucks Saved My Life. Published in 2007 by Gotham Books, the memoir had originally been acquired by Universal for Gus Van Sant to direct and for Tom Hanks to star. It tells the author’s story of suffering a professional fall from grace and regaining his mojo while pouring coffee at his local Starbucks. Polly Johnsen and Christy Ezzell, of Polymorphic Pictures will produce, with Dylan Sellers overseeing for TWC. Shari Smiley of The Smiley Group made the deal for Michael Gates Gill in conjunction with the Gillian MacKenzie Agency.
‘Starbucks’ Percolating At Weinstein Co.
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start
- Voltage Sets John Moore And William Wisher For Pierce Brosnan-Starrer 'I.T.'
- Deadline's Mike Fleming Jr And Kurt Sutter Live-Blog The Emmys
- Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal – Turning Tragedy Into Legacy