EXCLUSIVE: The Weinstein Company has acquired the Michael Gates Gill memoir How Starbucks Saved My Life. Published in 2007 by Gotham Books, the memoir had originally been acquired by Universal for Gus Van Sant to direct and for Tom Hanks to star. It tells the author’s story of suffering a professional fall from grace and regaining his mojo while pouring coffee at his local Starbucks. Polly Johnsen and Christy Ezzell, of Polymorphic Pictures will produce, with Dylan Sellers overseeing for TWC. Shari Smiley of The Smiley Group made the deal for Michael Gates Gill in conjunction with the Gillian MacKenzie Agency.
‘Starbucks’ Percolating At Weinstein Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Sony Attorney David Boies Warns Media After WikiLeaks Hacked E-Mail Rehash
- Deadline Studio @ Tribeca Film Festival Day Two: Olivia Wilde, Dakota Fanning, Theo James And More
- Arturo Castro Tags Along On ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’
- TriStar Slates Ang Lee’s ‘Halftime Walk’ For Late 2016
- ‘Batman V Superman’ Trailer Gets Official Release Following Leak
- Ben Stiller Confirms Penelope Cruz In ‘Zoolander 2′