Sony Pictures Releasing International is at $2.16 billion through today. It’s thanks in part to the fast success of the 23rd James Bond film Skyfall and Resident Evil: Retribution, the recent Hotel Transylvania and the summer’s The Amazing Spider-Man as well as The Vow, 21 Jump Street, and Men In Black 3. That passes SPRI’s previous best year of 2009 and $2.14B. Worldwide, the studio is at $3.6B moving towards its first ever $4B year. Presently, Sony Pictures is #1 in market share.
Sony Pictures Releasing International Posts Biggest Year: Studio On Way To First $4B
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Battling For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Barbet Schroeder On Robert Durst, ‘Amnesia’ & Why He Hasn’t Made A Hollywood Pic In 13 Years…
- ‘Southpaw’ Screening Pumped Up By Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux – Cannes
- Guillermo Del Toro On Enthralling & Energizing Jury Experience – Cannes Q&A
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82