Sony Pictures Releasing International is at $2.16 billion through today. It’s thanks in part to the fast success of the 23rd James Bond film Skyfall and Resident Evil: Retribution, the recent Hotel Transylvania and the summer’s The Amazing Spider-Man as well as The Vow, 21 Jump Street, and Men In Black 3. That passes SPRI’s previous best year of 2009 and $2.14B. Worldwide, the studio is at $3.6B moving towards its first ever $4B year. Presently, Sony Pictures is #1 in market share.
Sony Pictures Releasing International Posts Biggest Year: Studio On Way To First $4B
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking