After being primed to hit $100M globally on Thursday, Skyfall has secured the biggest seven-day gross of all time in the UK. With £37.2M ($59.86M), the film overtook Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2’s first-week gross of £35.7M ($57.4M) to make UK box office history. The 23rd James Bond film opened October 26 and was Britain’s 2D all-time biggest Friday opener and 2D biggest opening weekend. It clobbered previous records set by the two other Daniel Craig/007 movies almost everywhere. It’s also overtaken Ted to become the third-highest-grosser of the year in the UK behind The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers. Skyfall opens in North America on IMAX screens November 8 and goes wide November 9.
‘Skyfall’ Passes Last ‘Potter’ To Break 7-Day UK Record; Now Year’s 3rd-Highest Grosser
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Dunkirk’ Logs Two-Day Cume Of $8.6M After Solid $2.2M Start – Int’l Box Office
- ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Mother!’ Move Up; ‘Cloverfield’ Stomps To February – Paramount Release…
- Jenny Slate Dials Up 'Landline'; Music Box Calls 'The Midwife' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Dunkirk’ Drums Up $5.5M On Thursday Night; ‘Valerian’ & ‘Girls Trip’ Each…
- Toronto’s Superb Soulpepper Troupe Beats ‘Hamilton’ At The Freebie Game
- ‘It’, ‘The Nun’ & ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Scare San Diego As New Line Kicks…