After being primed to hit $100M globally on Thursday, Skyfall has secured the biggest seven-day gross of all time in the UK. With £37.2M ($59.86M), the film overtook Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2’s first-week gross of £35.7M ($57.4M) to make UK box office history. The 23rd James Bond film opened October 26 and was Britain’s 2D all-time biggest Friday opener and 2D biggest opening weekend. It clobbered previous records set by the two other Daniel Craig/007 movies almost everywhere. It’s also overtaken Ted to become the third-highest-grosser of the year in the UK behind The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers. Skyfall opens in North America on IMAX screens November 8 and goes wide November 9.
‘Skyfall’ Passes Last ‘Potter’ To Break 7-Day UK Record; Now Year’s 3rd-Highest Grosser
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest Box Office News
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Brings #Ham4Ham Live Performance For ‘Hamilton’ Opening Night In L.A.
- L.A. Film Czar Ken Ziffren Says Premium VOD For Studios Still In Limbo
- ‘Tulip Fever’ Release Date Shifts Into September
- ‘Wolf’ Whistles To $685M; ‘Annabelle’ Conjures $35M+; ‘Spider-Man’ Leaps Past $700M WW – International…
- ‘Groundhog Day’ Ending Broadway Run Next Month
- ‘The Secret Life Of Pets 2’ Will Be Unleashed A Month Earlier