Skyfall is climbing higher and higher in the UK record books. The 23rd James Bond entry last week became the biggest film of the year in the territory and the top 007 film ever. Now, after about two and a half weeks in release, it has surpassed Titanic, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 and Toy Story 3 to become Britain’s second-highest-grossing film ever. Sony confirms the total local haul to last night is £74.3M ($117.7M). That also makes Skyfall the top-earning 2D film of all time in the UK. The biggest film ever in Britain is Avatar, with £94M ($148.9M). Skyfall crossed the $100M mark in North America earlier this week and as of Sunday the Sony/MGM/Eon production had a global cume of $518.6M.
‘Skyfall’ Becomes No. 2 Movie Of All Time In The UK And Top 2D Film Ever
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Scares Off 'Jack Reacher' For No. 1; 'Joneses' Opening Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. Afternoon Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Latest Box Office News
- What Happened To ‘The Joneses’ At The Box Office?
- ‘Madea’ Scares Off ‘Jack Reacher’ For No. 1; ‘Joneses’ Opening Lower Than ‘Masterminds’ – Sat…
- ‘Burn This’ Broadway Revival With Jake Gyllenhaal Postponed Until 2017-2018
- Michael Moore Trumps Weekend Buzz; Leonardo DiCaprio Floats 'Before the Flood' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ’13 Going On 30′ Going To Broadway; Revolution Preps Musical Take On 2004 Hit
- Nathan Lane’s The News In Scott Rudin’s Star-Packed ‘Front Page’ Revival