Skyfall is climbing higher and higher in the UK record books. The 23rd James Bond entry last week became the biggest film of the year in the territory and the top 007 film ever. Now, after about two and a half weeks in release, it has surpassed Titanic, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 and Toy Story 3 to become Britain’s second-highest-grossing film ever. Sony confirms the total local haul to last night is £74.3M ($117.7M). That also makes Skyfall the top-earning 2D film of all time in the UK. The biggest film ever in Britain is Avatar, with £94M ($148.9M). Skyfall crossed the $100M mark in North America earlier this week and as of Sunday the Sony/MGM/Eon production had a global cume of $518.6M.
‘Skyfall’ Becomes No. 2 Movie Of All Time In The UK And Top 2D Film Ever
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
Latest Box Office News
- No. 7 ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Bruce Springsteen Extends Broadway Run
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- No. 9 ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Wes Anderson’s ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Nabs China Release In Hat Trick For Fox Searchlight
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $105M Offshore, Digs $41M In China – International Box Office