Skyfall is climbing higher and higher in the UK record books. The 23rd James Bond entry last week became the biggest film of the year in the territory and the top 007 film ever. Now, after about two and a half weeks in release, it has surpassed Titanic, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 and Toy Story 3 to become Britain’s second-highest-grossing film ever. Sony confirms the total local haul to last night is £74.3M ($117.7M). That also makes Skyfall the top-earning 2D film of all time in the UK. The biggest film ever in Britain is Avatar, with £94M ($148.9M). Skyfall crossed the $100M mark in North America earlier this week and as of Sunday the Sony/MGM/Eon production had a global cume of $518.6M.
‘Skyfall’ Becomes No. 2 Movie Of All Time In The UK And Top 2D Film Ever
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- ‘Tomorrowland’ & ‘Poltergeist’ Rise In Matinees – Box Office Friday
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Limited Release While ‘Poltergeist’ Grabs Strong $1.4M – Box Office Thursday
- Jennifer Connelly & Cillian Murphy Go ‘Aloft’ – Specialty Box Office Preview
- Amanda Seyfried, Thomas Sadoski Get Hot’N’Bothered In Neil LaBute’s ‘The Way We Get By…