On the cusp of its U.S. opening, Skyfall just keeps blasting ahead at the box office. The 23rd James Bond film today passed The Dark Knight Rises to become the UK’s highest-grossing film of the year. With a local take of £57M ($91.07M), the Eon Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Sony Pictures Entertainment movie is now also the biggest Bond picture of all time in Britain, outplaying Casino Royale‘s £55.6M ($88.8M) haul in 2006. The Sam Mendes-directed Skyfall opened in 587 cinemas in the UK and Ireland on Friday October 26, beginning its overseas rollout at the same time. As of Sunday, it had taken $287M internationally and was breaking records in most territories. It starts IMAX showings in North America today and opens wide tomorrow.
‘Skyfall’ Is Now UK’s Biggest Film Of 2012; All-Time Top James Bond Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Sharp Objects' Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $216M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…
- 'Ghost Stories' Leads Subdued Weekend For Limited Releases; Holdover 'The Rider' Gallops: Specialty Box Office
- ‘A Quiet Place’ Still Noisy With $21.7M As ‘Rampage’ Beats Chest, ‘Super Trooper 2’ Surprises – Sunday…
- ‘Ready Player One’ Tops $500M Global Box Office, Scores $200M+ In China
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Advance Ticket Sales Records: Fandango’s Best R-Rated Preseller Ever In First 24 Hours
- William Friedkin Revisits Demons With 'The Devil and Father Amorth'; Godard In Focus – Specialty B.O. Preview