On the cusp of its U.S. opening, Skyfall just keeps blasting ahead at the box office. The 23rd James Bond film today passed The Dark Knight Rises to become the UK’s highest-grossing film of the year. With a local take of £57M ($91.07M), the Eon Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Sony Pictures Entertainment movie is now also the biggest Bond picture of all time in Britain, outplaying Casino Royale‘s £55.6M ($88.8M) haul in 2006. The Sam Mendes-directed Skyfall opened in 587 cinemas in the UK and Ireland on Friday October 26, beginning its overseas rollout at the same time. As of Sunday, it had taken $287M internationally and was breaking records in most territories. It starts IMAX showings in North America today and opens wide tomorrow.
‘Skyfall’ Is Now UK’s Biggest Film Of 2012; All-Time Top James Bond Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31.5M But ‘Mechanic’ Throws Wrench Into China – Intl Box Office
- Broadway Box Office: ‘1812’ Overtures Bode Well For ‘Great Comet’ With $1.1M Week
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Rachel Weisz Leads A Chilly ‘Plenty’ Revival At The Public Theater – Review
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- What Happened To ‘The Joneses’ At The Box Office?