As the latest James Bond film Skyfall nears its U.S. bow Friday, Fandango today is reporting the Sony/MGM movie is selling twice as many tickets as its predecessor, 2008’s Quantum Of Solace, sold at the same point in the film’s sales cycle. Skyfall represented 53% of this week’s sales so far on the movie site heading into today. Quantum Of Solace grossed $168.4M during its U.S. run and $586.1M globally, with Skyfall already well on track to top that with record bows in its current overseas run.
‘Skyfall’ Selling Ahead Of Last Bond Pic On Fandango
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
Latest Box Office News
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- Scott Rudin & Aaron Sorkin Will Bring ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’ To Broadway
- Disney Theatricals Sets Broadway Timeline For Fresh ‘Frozen’ Musical In 2018
- ‘Deadpool’ To Rule Holiday Weekend, But Women Have Eyes For ‘Zoolander 2’ & ‘How To Be Single…
- Warner Bros. Moves ‘Ready Player One’ Out Of 2017 & Away From Next ‘Star Wars’