As the latest James Bond film Skyfall nears its U.S. bow Friday, Fandango today is reporting the Sony/MGM movie is selling twice as many tickets as its predecessor, 2008’s Quantum Of Solace, sold at the same point in the film’s sales cycle. Skyfall represented 53% of this week’s sales so far on the movie site heading into today. Quantum Of Solace grossed $168.4M during its U.S. run and $586.1M globally, with Skyfall already well on track to top that with record bows in its current overseas run.
‘Skyfall’ Selling Ahead Of Last Bond Pic On Fandango
What's Hot on Deadline
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Vaxxed’s Cinema Libre Teams With China’s Gaia To Expand U.S. Release, Head To Asia
- Matthew Perry’s West End Playwriting Debut Draws Crowds Despite Critics’ Barbs
- ‘Angry Birds’ Get Happy With Day-And-Date China Bow
- ‘Warcraft’ Sets China Release Two Days Ahead Of U.S.: A Burgeoning Trend?
- Mel Gibson WWII Movie ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ Jumps Into November Awards Season; ‘The Shack’ To Open In…
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ Moves To 2017; Clash Avoided With Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’