As the latest James Bond film Skyfall nears its U.S. bow Friday, Fandango today is reporting the Sony/MGM movie is selling twice as many tickets as its predecessor, 2008’s Quantum Of Solace, sold at the same point in the film’s sales cycle. Skyfall represented 53% of this week’s sales so far on the movie site heading into today. Quantum Of Solace grossed $168.4M during its U.S. run and $586.1M globally, with Skyfall already well on track to top that with record bows in its current overseas run.
‘Skyfall’ Selling Ahead Of Last Bond Pic On Fandango
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Storms China With $12.3M Opening Day; Sets Franchise Best
- ‘Pets’ Collars $674M WW; ‘Suicide Squad’ Necks $575M Through Sunday – Intl B.O. Final
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Looks To Hook Moviegoers Heading Into Labor Day; Changes Up Release Pattern
- The Perils Of Remakes Like ‘Ben-Hur’ As Moviegoers Continue To Worship ‘Suicide Squad’ – Monday…
- ‘Finding Neverland’ Ascends To Heaviside Layer; ‘Wicked’ Off $204K – Broadway B.O.
- Natalie Portman's 'A Tale Of Love And Darkness' Solid in Debut, 'Hell Or High Water' Sizzles In Expansion…