Simon West has signed on to direct the remake of the 1987 Burt Reynolds movie Heat. The Expendables 2 director replaces Brian De Palma on the remake of the action film. Jason Statham, whom West directed in 2011’s The Mechanic, stars in the enforcer role that Reynolds played in the original. The screenplay is from William Goldman, who wrote the 1987 script from his novel. Steven Chasman will produce for SJ Pictures alongside Statham. Quad Films, whose credits include The Intouchables and Heart Breaker, are a co-producer on the film. Sierra/Affinity is handling international sales and has already made deals at AFM in territories including the UK, China, South America, Germany and Japan. Heat will start principal photography in February. West is repped by CAA.
AFM: Simon West To Helm Remake Of Burt Reynolds Pic ‘Heat’ With Jason Statham
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest Film News
- Kate Bosworth, Michael Polish Launch Montana Art School; Night Fox To Produce Horror Pic ‘Streetwalkers’…
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became ‘The Tale’, A Movie I Hope Will Change The World…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ Locks Up $100M+ Overseas For Franchise First
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”