Simon West has signed on to direct the remake of the 1987 Burt Reynolds movie Heat. The Expendables 2 director replaces Brian De Palma on the remake of the action film. Jason Statham, whom West directed in 2011’s The Mechanic, stars in the enforcer role that Reynolds played in the original. The screenplay is from William Goldman, who wrote the 1987 script from his novel. Steven Chasman will produce for SJ Pictures alongside Statham. Quad Films, whose credits include The Intouchables and Heart Breaker, are a co-producer on the film. Sierra/Affinity is handling international sales and has already made deals at AFM in territories including the UK, China, South America, Germany and Japan. Heat will start principal photography in February. West is repped by CAA.
AFM: Simon West To Helm Remake Of Burt Reynolds Pic ‘Heat’ With Jason Statham
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Explodes At The B.O.: Top 20 Pics +104% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $73M 5-Day - Friday Night Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First