Resident Evil actress Sienna Guillory will romance Idris Elba‘s troubled English police detective Luther in the drama series’ upcoming third season. The BBC and BBC America co-production is readying a new run of four hourlong episodes that began filming last week. Per the BBC, this season puts John Luther back under intense pressure, with two conflicting crimes to investigate and a ruthless ex-cop determined to bring him down. Guillory will play Mary, a worker in a vintage clothing shop who meets Luther by chance. Returning cast members include Warren Brown, Nikki Amuka-Bird, Dermot Crowley and Michael Smiley. Guest stars this season will include Lucian Msamati (Game Of Thrones) and Ned Dennehy (Tyrannosaur). Luther was created by Neil Cross, who’s also behind the upcoming NBC pirate series Crossbones. Season 3 of Luther will air on BBC One in 2013; there’s no date yet for BBC America. Guillory is repped by Independent Talent and UTA and managed by Inspire Entertainment.
Sienna Guillory Joins Season 3 Of ‘Luther’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2