Roman Polanski: Odd Man Out will premiere on Showtime sometime next year after the premium network acquired U.S. TV premiere rights today. Marina Zenovich’s documentary is the sequel to 2008’s Wanted And Desired, which detailed the director’s 1970s sexual abuse trial and his eventual flight to Europe to avoid a jail sentence. It won a pair of Emmys. The new docu, which had its world premiere at Toronto, recounts Polanski’s surprise arrest in 2009 at the Zurich Film Festival, which developed into a 10-month imprisonment. Zenovich is also directing the Showtime original documentary Richard Pryor: Omit the Logic, also scheduled to air next year.
Showtime Acquires Docu ‘Roman Polanski: Odd Man Out’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Abrams Artists Sues 'Ghost Adventures' Producer Over Unpaid Commissions
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa