Roman Polanski: Odd Man Out will premiere on Showtime sometime next year after the premium network acquired U.S. TV premiere rights today. Marina Zenovich’s documentary is the sequel to 2008’s Wanted And Desired, which detailed the director’s 1970s sexual abuse trial and his eventual flight to Europe to avoid a jail sentence. It won a pair of Emmys. The new docu, which had its world premiere at Toronto, recounts Polanski’s surprise arrest in 2009 at the Zurich Film Festival, which developed into a 10-month imprisonment. Zenovich is also directing the Showtime original documentary Richard Pryor: Omit the Logic, also scheduled to air next year.
Showtime Acquires Docu ‘Roman Polanski: Odd Man Out’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- Ex-Playboy Playmate’s Donald Trump Tell-All Gooses Anderson Cooper Ratings
- ‘Pandas In New York’: Dhruv Singh To Star In CBS Comedy Pilot
- ‘Barry’ Review: Bill Hader’s A Hit, Man, On HBO’s New Dark Comedy
- Roseanne Barr Plays Donald Trump Card, Warning Jimmy Kimmel Alternative Is Mike Pence
- ‘Station 19’ Launch No Ratings Barn Burner Against NCAA And ‘Chicago Fire’ Double Pump
- Donald Trump Signs Into Law Spending Bill He Threatened To Veto In Morning Twitter Stunt