After The Plane Crash and Terror At Sea: The Sinking Of The Concorida, the UK’s Dragonfly Film and Television will turn its forensic spotlight on another disaster with Sandy: Anatomy Of A Superstorm. The fast–turnaround documentary commission comes from BBC Two with an air date of November 18 in the UK. Using science-based analysis, the program will attempt to decipher how Hurricane Sandy happened while examining the consequences on the infrastructure of New York City. Dragonfly is part of Elisabeth Murdoch’s Shine Group. Exec producers on the project are Dragonfly’s recently appointed managing director Simon Dickson and Tamara Abood. Something of a specialist in the arena, the BBC commissioned a quick-turnaround doc on another devastating event this summer, the Aurora, Colo, movie theater shootings.
BBC And Shine’s Dragonfly Partner On ‘Hurricane Sandy’ Documentary Film Probe
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest International News
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Luther’ Trailer: Idris Elba Returns To Track A New Serial Killer
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s ‘Cemetery Of Splendour’ Wins At Asia Pacific Awards