A stuntman injured during an explosion scene that left one man dead on The Expendables 2 today filed suit for damages against Millennium Films and others involved in the action movie’s production. Nuo Sun’s suit (read it here) says he was in a rubber boat on October 27, 2011 on Bulgaria’s Ognyanovo Reservoir during second unit filming on the sequel when “explosives and other similar ultra-hazardous activities” caused an unexpected explosion. “As a direct and proximate result of defendants’ negligence, carelessness and unlawful conduct, plaintiff was hurt and injured in plaintiffs health, strength and activity, sustaining severe shock and injury to and upon plaintiffs nervous system, neck, head, body, arms and legs, all of which injuries may be permanent and all of which injuries have caused and continue to cause plaintiff great mental, physical and nervous pain and suffering, for which plaintiff seeks general damages,” says the 12-page filing. This is not the first legal action to come from that stunt.
Related: Lawsuit Filed Over Stuntman’s Death During ‘Expendables 2′
Earlier this year, the parents of Kun Liu, a stuntman who was killed in the same sequence at the Ognyanovo Reservoir sued Millennium and others associated with the production. Sun is seeking loss of income and earnings past, present and future as well as general damages in excess of $25,000, medical costs past present and future, legal costs and whatever else the Court decides. Expendables 2 star and screenwriter Sylvester Stallone is not named as a defendant. Nuo Sun is represented by Robert M. Klein of the Los Angeles’ Law Offices of Robert M. Klein.