Rupert Murdoch has sold all his nonvoting shares in the company while retaining his 40% voting stake. The News Corp chairman and CEO sold 418,631 shares on November 20 for $23.87 to $24.01 each for a total of more than $10 million, according to filing to the Securities and Exchange Commission. Murdoch retains News Corp’s largest voting stake of Class B shares. Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, a friend of the Murdoch family, owns an additional 7% of voting shares. The sale was for estate-planning purposes, Bloomberg reported.
Rupert Murdoch Sells $10M+ In Non-Voting Shares Of News Corp
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…