Rupert Murdoch has sold all his nonvoting shares in the company while retaining his 40% voting stake. The News Corp chairman and CEO sold 418,631 shares on November 20 for $23.87 to $24.01 each for a total of more than $10 million, according to filing to the Securities and Exchange Commission. Murdoch retains News Corp’s largest voting stake of Class B shares. Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, a friend of the Murdoch family, owns an additional 7% of voting shares. The sale was for estate-planning purposes, Bloomberg reported.
Rupert Murdoch Sells $10M+ In Non-Voting Shares Of News Corp
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Candy's Son Takes The Lead In 'Bar America': Hot Trailer
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser