Rupert Murdoch has sold all his nonvoting shares in the company while retaining his 40% voting stake. The News Corp chairman and CEO sold 418,631 shares on November 20 for $23.87 to $24.01 each for a total of more than $10 million, according to filing to the Securities and Exchange Commission. Murdoch retains News Corp’s largest voting stake of Class B shares. Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, a friend of the Murdoch family, owns an additional 7% of voting shares. The sale was for estate-planning purposes, Bloomberg reported.
Rupert Murdoch Sells $10M+ In Non-Voting Shares Of News Corp
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest