Ricky Martin will get his own red chair on Australia’s version of The Voice when the show returns to Oz’s Nine Network next year. The announcement was made on Nine’s A Current Affair program in Australia Thursday evening after weeks of speculation. Martin is replacing outgoing coach Keith Urban who confirmed his departure in September. At the time, Urban cited “a new album, a tour, and other commitments” as reasons. He later joined American Idol as a judge. Martin will join returning coaches Seal, Joel Madden and Delta Goodrem. The inaugural season of the show kicked off last April and consistently won its time slot to become a ratings powerhouse. Nine’s Peter Wiltshire recently said the network will add hours of The Voice for next season. A debut date has yet to be set. The Voice is produced locally by Shine Australia.
Ricky Martin Joins ‘The Voice’ Australia For Season 2; Replaces Keith Urban
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest International News
- Willem Dafoe On Lars Von Trier, New Opportunities & Film’s Power Over TV – Berlin
- Reliance Industries Takes Stake In Eros International, Teams On $150M Fund
- Vivendi Restructure Brings Together Film & TV Divisions Studiocanal & Canal Plus
- Galway Film Festival Hires William Fitzgerald As Programmer
- ‘The Night Of’ & ‘The Office’ To Be Remade In India – BBC Showcase
- Joaquin Phoenix Discovers Another Side To Film Festivals At Berlin