Ricky Martin will get his own red chair on Australia’s version of The Voice when the show returns to Oz’s Nine Network next year. The announcement was made on Nine’s A Current Affair program in Australia Thursday evening after weeks of speculation. Martin is replacing outgoing coach Keith Urban who confirmed his departure in September. At the time, Urban cited “a new album, a tour, and other commitments” as reasons. He later joined American Idol as a judge. Martin will join returning coaches Seal, Joel Madden and Delta Goodrem. The inaugural season of the show kicked off last April and consistently won its time slot to become a ratings powerhouse. Nine’s Peter Wiltshire recently said the network will add hours of The Voice for next season. A debut date has yet to be set. The Voice is produced locally by Shine Australia.
Ricky Martin Joins ‘The Voice’ Australia For Season 2; Replaces Keith Urban
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest International News
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- ‘Justice League’ Rises To $70.7M Through Friday At International Box Office
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Warner Bros Launches China Exchange Program With Casting, Management Focus
- ‘White Sun’ EP Danny Glover On The Hope Children Bring For The Future Of The Political Process