Ricky Martin will get his own red chair on Australia’s version of The Voice when the show returns to Oz’s Nine Network next year. The announcement was made on Nine’s A Current Affair program in Australia Thursday evening after weeks of speculation. Martin is replacing outgoing coach Keith Urban who confirmed his departure in September. At the time, Urban cited “a new album, a tour, and other commitments” as reasons. He later joined American Idol as a judge. Martin will join returning coaches Seal, Joel Madden and Delta Goodrem. The inaugural season of the show kicked off last April and consistently won its time slot to become a ratings powerhouse. Nine’s Peter Wiltshire recently said the network will add hours of The Voice for next season. A debut date has yet to be set. The Voice is produced locally by Shine Australia.
Ricky Martin Joins ‘The Voice’ Australia For Season 2; Replaces Keith Urban
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Tartaglione
- Mr Grey Dominates, Mr Smith’s ‘Focus’ Pulls & Ms Smith’s ‘Exotic Marigold Hotel’ Upgrades: More International Box…
- ’50 Shades’ Now Uni’s Biggest R-Rated Film Overseas; Nears $500M Global B.O.
- Darrin Prescott & Wade Allen ‘Live!’ In Feature Helming Debut For The Solution
- ‘Spectre’ Director Sam Mendes On Why He Came Back To Bond After ‘Skyfall’
- BAFTA Los Angeles Names Chantal Rickards To New CEO Post
- ‘A Little Chaos': Alan Rickman, Kate Winslet Stroll Versailles Gardens – Trailer