Ricky Martin will get his own red chair on Australia’s version of The Voice when the show returns to Oz’s Nine Network next year. The announcement was made on Nine’s A Current Affair program in Australia Thursday evening after weeks of speculation. Martin is replacing outgoing coach Keith Urban who confirmed his departure in September. At the time, Urban cited “a new album, a tour, and other commitments” as reasons. He later joined American Idol as a judge. Martin will join returning coaches Seal, Joel Madden and Delta Goodrem. The inaugural season of the show kicked off last April and consistently won its time slot to become a ratings powerhouse. Nine’s Peter Wiltshire recently said the network will add hours of The Voice for next season. A debut date has yet to be set. The Voice is produced locally by Shine Australia.
Ricky Martin Joins ‘The Voice’ Australia For Season 2; Replaces Keith Urban
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Weinstein Co Acquires 'Roald Dahl's Esio Trot' With Judi Dench & Dustin Hoffman
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under