David Cronenberg‘s long-gestating Maps To The Stars is gaining momentum. Robert Pattinson, who starred in Cosmopolis, and Cronenberg regular Viggo Mortensen have already been linked to the Hollywood-set film. Rachel Weisz is now in the mix, according to a French trade report. A person close to the film confirms Weisz’s interest but tells me deals still need to be signed for all three actors. Bruce Wagner penned the script that’s been described as a darkly comic look at Hollywood excess. Frenchman Saïd Ben Saïd, whose recent credits include Brian De Palma’s Passion and Roman Polanski’s Carnage, has come aboard as producer. He joins Prospero Pictures’ Martin Katz, who worked with Cronenberg on Cosmopolis and A Dangerous Method and is lead producer on the project. Germany’s Integral Films is co-producing. The plan is to start shooting in L.A. in May.
Rachel Weisz Eyeing David Cronenberg’s ‘Maps To The Stars’; New Producer Aboard
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Oscars: ‘Miles Ahead’ & ‘Maggie’s Plan’ Are First 2016 Awards Screeners Sent To Voters As Sony Classics Jumpstarts…
- Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The ‘Young Frankenstein’ Scene That Cracked Him Up: “We Had To Do It 14 Times”…
- Gene Wilder: Remembering A Comedy Movie Icon – Photos
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- Emma Thompson In Talks To Star In Director Richard Eyre’s ‘The Children Act’