David Cronenberg‘s long-gestating Maps To The Stars is gaining momentum. Robert Pattinson, who starred in Cosmopolis, and Cronenberg regular Viggo Mortensen have already been linked to the Hollywood-set film. Rachel Weisz is now in the mix, according to a French trade report. A person close to the film confirms Weisz’s interest but tells me deals still need to be signed for all three actors. Bruce Wagner penned the script that’s been described as a darkly comic look at Hollywood excess. Frenchman Saïd Ben Saïd, whose recent credits include Brian De Palma’s Passion and Roman Polanski’s Carnage, has come aboard as producer. He joins Prospero Pictures’ Martin Katz, who worked with Cronenberg on Cosmopolis and A Dangerous Method and is lead producer on the project. Germany’s Integral Films is co-producing. The plan is to start shooting in L.A. in May.
Rachel Weisz Eyeing David Cronenberg’s ‘Maps To The Stars’; New Producer Aboard
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Latest Film News
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland