David Cronenberg‘s long-gestating Maps To The Stars is gaining momentum. Robert Pattinson, who starred in Cosmopolis, and Cronenberg regular Viggo Mortensen have already been linked to the Hollywood-set film. Rachel Weisz is now in the mix, according to a French trade report. A person close to the film confirms Weisz’s interest but tells me deals still need to be signed for all three actors. Bruce Wagner penned the script that’s been described as a darkly comic look at Hollywood excess. Frenchman Saïd Ben Saïd, whose recent credits include Brian De Palma’s Passion and Roman Polanski’s Carnage, has come aboard as producer. He joins Prospero Pictures’ Martin Katz, who worked with Cronenberg on Cosmopolis and A Dangerous Method and is lead producer on the project. Germany’s Integral Films is co-producing. The plan is to start shooting in L.A. in May.
Rachel Weisz Eyeing David Cronenberg’s ‘Maps To The Stars'; New Producer Aboard
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Tartaglione
- 'Maze Runner' Adds $38M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; 'Apes' Crosses $100M In China
- Universal Changes Course On International Stewardship; Duncan Clark To Head Ops From London
- 'Saint Laurent' Tapped As France's Entry Into Foreign Language Oscar Race
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Premiere In UK Least Watched Since Series Opener
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'