David Cronenberg‘s long-gestating Maps To The Stars is gaining momentum. Robert Pattinson, who starred in Cosmopolis, and Cronenberg regular Viggo Mortensen have already been linked to the Hollywood-set film. Rachel Weisz is now in the mix, according to a French trade report. A person close to the film confirms Weisz’s interest but tells me deals still need to be signed for all three actors. Bruce Wagner penned the script that’s been described as a darkly comic look at Hollywood excess. Frenchman Saïd Ben Saïd, whose recent credits include Brian De Palma’s Passion and Roman Polanski’s Carnage, has come aboard as producer. He joins Prospero Pictures’ Martin Katz, who worked with Cronenberg on Cosmopolis and A Dangerous Method and is lead producer on the project. Germany’s Integral Films is co-producing. The plan is to start shooting in L.A. in May.
Rachel Weisz Eyeing David Cronenberg’s ‘Maps To The Stars’; New Producer Aboard
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- ‘Marjorie Prime’ Arrives With Awards Hopes; ‘Patti Cake$’ Bows – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Exhibition Stocks Battered On Report Studios Plan PVOD Without A Deal
- Christopher McQuarrie On Why Making Release Date Won’t Be A Mission Impossible Despite Tom Cruise Ankle Break
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- Gemma Chan Joins ‘Mary Queen Of Scots’ Opposite Saoirse Ronan & Margot Robbie
- ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Takes Out $1.65M; ‘Logan Lucky’ Pulls In $525K – Thursday…