Longtime publicist Esme Chandlee died November 24 in Los Angeles. She was 94. Chandlee started her career at MGM in 1942 in the mailroom but soon moved on to handling stars such as Ava Gardner, Jimmy Stewart, Elizabeth Taylor and Grace Kelly for the studio. In the late 1950s, Chandlee departed MGM for private PR work before going to NBC as an associate producer of the afternoon show Here’s Hollywood. She opened her own firm Esme Chandlee Public Relations in 1961 and continued working, with long-term clients like Tom Selleck and others, up until 2007 when she retired. Chandlee also served as president of the Hollywood Women’s Press Club and president of the Publicists Guild.
R.I.P. Esme Chandlee
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ Trailer Includes New Fantastical Footage From Disney’s Ava DuVernay-Directed Adaptation
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International Box…
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched