Longtime publicist Esme Chandlee died November 24 in Los Angeles. She was 94. Chandlee started her career at MGM in 1942 in the mailroom but soon moved on to handling stars such as Ava Gardner, Jimmy Stewart, Elizabeth Taylor and Grace Kelly for the studio. In the late 1950s, Chandlee departed MGM for private PR work before going to NBC as an associate producer of the afternoon show Here’s Hollywood. She opened her own firm Esme Chandlee Public Relations in 1961 and continued working, with long-term clients like Tom Selleck and others, up until 2007 when she retired. Chandlee also served as president of the Hollywood Women’s Press Club and president of the Publicists Guild.
R.I.P. Esme Chandlee
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow