Longtime publicist Esme Chandlee died November 24 in Los Angeles. She was 94. Chandlee started her career at MGM in 1942 in the mailroom but soon moved on to handling stars such as Ava Gardner, Jimmy Stewart, Elizabeth Taylor and Grace Kelly for the studio. In the late 1950s, Chandlee departed MGM for private PR work before going to NBC as an associate producer of the afternoon show Here’s Hollywood. She opened her own firm Esme Chandlee Public Relations in 1961 and continued working, with long-term clients like Tom Selleck and others, up until 2007 when she retired. Chandlee also served as president of the Hollywood Women’s Press Club and president of the Publicists Guild.
R.I.P. Esme Chandlee
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'