Longtime publicist Esme Chandlee died November 24 in Los Angeles. She was 94. Chandlee started her career at MGM in 1942 in the mailroom but soon moved on to handling stars such as Ava Gardner, Jimmy Stewart, Elizabeth Taylor and Grace Kelly for the studio. In the late 1950s, Chandlee departed MGM for private PR work before going to NBC as an associate producer of the afternoon show Here’s Hollywood. She opened her own firm Esme Chandlee Public Relations in 1961 and continued working, with long-term clients like Tom Selleck and others, up until 2007 when she retired. Chandlee also served as president of the Hollywood Women’s Press Club and president of the Publicists Guild.
R.I.P. Esme Chandlee
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…