British author Philip Kerr has come on board to script The Poison Kitchen for Constantin Film. Robert Schwentke is already attached to direct the film, which is based on a chapter from the 1998 Ron Rosenbaum book Explaining Hitler, and chronicles the rise of the Nazi Party in the 1920s as told through the eyes of journalists at The Munich Post. That paper published articles against the Nazis and tried to expose them as organized criminals. The journalists so got under the Nazis’ skin that Hitler referred to them as “The Poison Kitchen” for cooking up lies about him. Kerr’s work includes the Bernie Gunther thriller novels, which include March Violets, The Pale Criminal and A German Requiem, as well as many children’s books penned under the name P.B. Kerr. Constantin’s Robert Kulzer and Margo Klewans will produce and Martin Moszkowicz will be exec producer on the movie. Kerr is repped by CAA and A.P. Watt.
Philip Kerr To Script Nazi Party Rise Story ‘The Poison Kitchen’
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +104% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $73M 5-Day - Friday Night Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First