British author Philip Kerr has come on board to script The Poison Kitchen for Constantin Film. Robert Schwentke is already attached to direct the film, which is based on a chapter from the 1998 Ron Rosenbaum book Explaining Hitler, and chronicles the rise of the Nazi Party in the 1920s as told through the eyes of journalists at The Munich Post. That paper published articles against the Nazis and tried to expose them as organized criminals. The journalists so got under the Nazis’ skin that Hitler referred to them as “The Poison Kitchen” for cooking up lies about him. Kerr’s work includes the Bernie Gunther thriller novels, which include March Violets, The Pale Criminal and A German Requiem, as well as many children’s books penned under the name P.B. Kerr. Constantin’s Robert Kulzer and Margo Klewans will produce and Martin Moszkowicz will be exec producer on the movie. Kerr is repped by CAA and A.P. Watt.
Philip Kerr To Script Nazi Party Rise Story ‘The Poison Kitchen’
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Christopher Nolan Shows Off 'Dunkirk,' Says “The Only Way To Carry You Through” The Film Is At A Theater – CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Aquaman’ Fire Up Audience For Warner Bros…
- Fright Franchise ‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Blumhouse-Bound?
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk,’ Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon
- John Doman Joins ‘Hard Powder’; Alessandra Ambrosio Returns For ‘Daddy’s Home’ Sequel