Virginia Madsen stars in the pic based on the novel Angel Angel by April Stevens and directed by first-time helmer Sarah Siegel-Magness, who was a producer on Precious. Phase 4 has acquired U.S. and Canadian rights to Long Time Gone and will release the film in the spring day-and-date in theaters and on-demand across VOD and digital platforms. Amanda Crew, Zach Gilford, Anthony LaPaglia, Eva Longoria and Sam Trammel co-star. Karen McCullah Lutz (Legally Blonde) wrote the script, which centers on a woman (Madsen) whose life is thrown into disarray when she discovers her husband’s extramarital affair. She suffers a nervous breakdown, and her good-hearted stoner son is determined to comfort her with the help of his estranged older brother and live-in girlfriend. Bobbi Sue Luther, Gary Magness and Lutz produced. Smokewood Entertainment sold rights to the pic; Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe negotiated the deal with Paradigm’s Nick LoPiccolo and Ben Weiss on behalf of the filmmakers.
AFM: Phase 4 Acquires Virginia Madsen-Starring Drama ‘Long Time Gone’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As A…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’