Virginia Madsen stars in the pic based on the novel Angel Angel by April Stevens and directed by first-time helmer Sarah Siegel-Magness, who was a producer on Precious. Phase 4 has acquired U.S. and Canadian rights to Long Time Gone and will release the film in the spring day-and-date in theaters and on-demand across VOD and digital platforms. Amanda Crew, Zach Gilford, Anthony LaPaglia, Eva Longoria and Sam Trammel co-star. Karen McCullah Lutz (Legally Blonde) wrote the script, which centers on a woman (Madsen) whose life is thrown into disarray when she discovers her husband’s extramarital affair. She suffers a nervous breakdown, and her good-hearted stoner son is determined to comfort her with the help of his estranged older brother and live-in girlfriend. Bobbi Sue Luther, Gary Magness and Lutz produced. Smokewood Entertainment sold rights to the pic; Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe negotiated the deal with Paradigm’s Nick LoPiccolo and Ben Weiss on behalf of the filmmakers.
AFM: Phase 4 Acquires Virginia Madsen-Starring Drama ‘Long Time Gone’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jessie Ennis Joins 'Veep'; Gladys Knight In 'Empire'
- Mark Gordon To Receive Producers Guild's Norman Lear Award
- James Caan, Kevin Dillon, Sam Huntington Top Crackle Feature 'The Throwaways'
- NBC News To Air First Live Broadcast Of Global Citizen Festival Featuring Jay-Z, Carrie Underwood, The Roots
- USA's 'Benched' Gets Premiere Date: Video
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Charles Dance Hints That Tywin Lannister Might Be Alive