Peter Chernin has joined the board at Twitter — in news that appropriately surfaced on the micro-blogging service. He tweeted: “I’ve been a long-time user of Twitter for news and information. Happy to be joining board of this very exciting company.” Reports surfaced in September that Chernin, head of Chernin Entertainment and formerly Rupert Murdoch’s No. 2 at News Corp, was being considered for Twitter’s board. Chernin has taken the seat previously held by Flipboard’s Mike McCue.
Peter Chernin Joins Twitter’s Board
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Latest Film News
- Jack Henry Robbins Continues Exploration Of VHS Format With ‘Painting With Joan’ — Sundance Studio
- Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds Takes On Mormon Church Policy With HBO Doc ‘Believer’…
- Netflix Reports Fourth-Quarter Earnings Beat Estimates, Thanks To ‘The Crown’ And ‘Bright’
- Paramount Lands ‘Reset’ Pitch; Marcus Kryler & Fredrik Akerstrom Helming
- Motion Picture Sound Editors Reveal Golden Reel Nominations
- Deadline Studio at Sundance 2018 – Day 3 – Octavia Spencer, Usher, Ellen Burstyn, Armie Hammer, & More