Peter Chernin has joined the board at Twitter — in news that appropriately surfaced on the micro-blogging service. He tweeted: “I’ve been a long-time user of Twitter for news and information. Happy to be joining board of this very exciting company.” Reports surfaced in September that Chernin, head of Chernin Entertainment and formerly Rupert Murdoch’s No. 2 at News Corp, was being considered for Twitter’s board. Chernin has taken the seat previously held by Flipboard’s Mike McCue.
Peter Chernin Joins Twitter’s Board
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016