Kick-Ass producer Kris Thykier‘s Peapie Films and Anonymous Content are partnering on Repent, a thriller based on the true story of Swedish serial killer Thomas Quick. Quick is renown in Sweden for having confessed to killing 30 people in the 1990s. He was convicted and jailed on 8 of the murders, but later said he had made up the entire story. Some of his convictions have been overturned, but the Swedish judicial system has been tarnished as a result. Director Agnieszka Lukasiak (Between Two Fires) spent her early years as a documentarian interviewing Quick at a psychiatric hospital and has maintained a relationship with him for 15 years. The film will be told through the eyes of an investigative journalist. Tim Haslam and Hugo Grumbar’s Embankment Films will handle worldwide distribution and sales. Thykier, who’s also currently working on One Chance for The Weinstein Company, is producer.
Peapie, Anonymous Content To Co-Produce Serial Killer Thriller ‘Repent’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Latest Film News
- Producer Joel Silver Sued For Wrongful Death In 2015 Drowning Of Assistant In Bora Bora
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ & ‘48 Hrs.’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris
- Warner Bros Touts $1B ‘Conjuring’ Universe With ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Success
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Sony Pictures Hires Exec From Focus, Promotes Another Ahead Of Toronto