Kick-Ass producer Kris Thykier‘s Peapie Films and Anonymous Content are partnering on Repent, a thriller based on the true story of Swedish serial killer Thomas Quick. Quick is renown in Sweden for having confessed to killing 30 people in the 1990s. He was convicted and jailed on 8 of the murders, but later said he had made up the entire story. Some of his convictions have been overturned, but the Swedish judicial system has been tarnished as a result. Director Agnieszka Lukasiak (Between Two Fires) spent her early years as a documentarian interviewing Quick at a psychiatric hospital and has maintained a relationship with him for 15 years. The film will be told through the eyes of an investigative journalist. Tim Haslam and Hugo Grumbar’s Embankment Films will handle worldwide distribution and sales. Thykier, who’s also currently working on One Chance for The Weinstein Company, is producer.
Peapie, Anonymous Content To Co-Produce Serial Killer Thriller ‘Repent’
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
More From Tartaglione
- Justin Chatwin, James Frain Join BBC America's 'Orphan Black' For Season 3
- International Emmys: UK's 'Utopia' Wins Best Drama Series
- Katniss Hot With $154.3M, 'Interstellar' Logs $330.6M: Int'l B.O. – Update
- Cast Set For BBC & Carnival's 'Game Of Thrones'-Style Epic 'The Last Kingdom'
- Canada's Bell Media Takes 'Manhattan' As SVOD Service Ramps Up To Rival Netflix