Kick-Ass producer Kris Thykier‘s Peapie Films and Anonymous Content are partnering on Repent, a thriller based on the true story of Swedish serial killer Thomas Quick. Quick is renown in Sweden for having confessed to killing 30 people in the 1990s. He was convicted and jailed on 8 of the murders, but later said he had made up the entire story. Some of his convictions have been overturned, but the Swedish judicial system has been tarnished as a result. Director Agnieszka Lukasiak (Between Two Fires) spent her early years as a documentarian interviewing Quick at a psychiatric hospital and has maintained a relationship with him for 15 years. The film will be told through the eyes of an investigative journalist. Tim Haslam and Hugo Grumbar’s Embankment Films will handle worldwide distribution and sales. Thykier, who’s also currently working on One Chance for The Weinstein Company, is producer.
Peapie, Anonymous Content To Co-Produce Serial Killer Thriller ‘Repent’
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
More From Tartaglione
- North Korea Slams Berlin Fest Over ‘The Interview’ – But Film Isn’t Part Of Lineup
- Simon West To Helm ‘The Blob’ Remake; Goldcrest Selling At EFM – Berlin
- ‘Wolf Hall’ Debut Sets 10-Year Record For BBC2; Critics Howl With Praise – Video
- Bohemia Group Invades New Zealand; ‘Timbuktu’ To Screen In Paris Suburb After All
- ‘Frankenstein Chronicles’ Adds ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actors & More To Join Sean Bean
- Russia To Control Film Release Dates; Will Hollywood Feel A Push?