Kick-Ass producer Kris Thykier‘s Peapie Films and Anonymous Content are partnering on Repent, a thriller based on the true story of Swedish serial killer Thomas Quick. Quick is renown in Sweden for having confessed to killing 30 people in the 1990s. He was convicted and jailed on 8 of the murders, but later said he had made up the entire story. Some of his convictions have been overturned, but the Swedish judicial system has been tarnished as a result. Director Agnieszka Lukasiak (Between Two Fires) spent her early years as a documentarian interviewing Quick at a psychiatric hospital and has maintained a relationship with him for 15 years. The film will be told through the eyes of an investigative journalist. Tim Haslam and Hugo Grumbar’s Embankment Films will handle worldwide distribution and sales. Thykier, who’s also currently working on One Chance for The Weinstein Company, is producer.
Peapie, Anonymous Content To Co-Produce Serial Killer Thriller ‘Repent’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Up’ Jumps To $33.4M Opening – Monday AM Box Office Update
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Oscars: Global Media Reacts To Best Picture Blunder
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can’t Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief