Deadline scooped last month that a fifth installment in Paramount’s horror franchise would happen, and now the studio has set an October 25, 2013 wide release date for it — just in time for Halloween. Jason Blum is back as producer for Paranormal Activity 5, which is expected to advance the story from the previous films. Paramount‘s Paranormal Activity 4 was made for $5 million, grossed $30 million during its opening weekend October 19-21 and has cumed $135.5 million to date. The sequel comes in addition to a planned spinoff tentatively set for spring 2013 that will be helmed by series writer Chris Landon and aimed at the franchise’s sizable Latino audience.
Paramount Dates Next ‘Paranormal Activity’ For October 25, 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)