Deadline scooped last month that a fifth installment in Paramount’s horror franchise would happen, and now the studio has set an October 25, 2013 wide release date for it — just in time for Halloween. Jason Blum is back as producer for Paranormal Activity 5, which is expected to advance the story from the previous films. Paramount‘s Paranormal Activity 4 was made for $5 million, grossed $30 million during its opening weekend October 19-21 and has cumed $135.5 million to date. The sequel comes in addition to a planned spinoff tentatively set for spring 2013 that will be helmed by series writer Chris Landon and aimed at the franchise’s sizable Latino audience.
Paramount Dates Next ‘Paranormal Activity’ For October 25, 2013
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake