Deadline scooped last month that a fifth installment in Paramount’s horror franchise would happen, and now the studio has set an October 25, 2013 wide release date for it — just in time for Halloween. Jason Blum is back as producer for Paranormal Activity 5, which is expected to advance the story from the previous films. Paramount‘s Paranormal Activity 4 was made for $5 million, grossed $30 million during its opening weekend October 19-21 and has cumed $135.5 million to date. The sequel comes in addition to a planned spinoff tentatively set for spring 2013 that will be helmed by series writer Chris Landon and aimed at the franchise’s sizable Latino audience.
Paramount Dates Next ‘Paranormal Activity’ For October 25, 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Patton Oswalt Responds To Arrest In Golden State Killer Case, The Subject Of Late Wife's Book "I'll Be Gone In The Dark"
Latest Film News
- J.J. Abrams Says ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel “In The Works For Theaters”, Shows Off ‘Overlord…
- Paramount Unveils First Look At ‘Transformers’ Spinoff ‘Bumblebee’ – CinemaCon
- ‘Kings’ Review: Halle Berry & Daniel Craig Can’t Save Tone-Deaf Movie Set During 1992 L.A. Riots
- Annapurna, Plan B Plot ‘Spotlight’-Like Movie On How NY Times Reporters Broke Harvey Weinstein Sex Scandal Story
- ‘A Quiet Place 2’ Is “In The Works”, Paramount Boss Says – CinemaCon
- Universal And Cher Whet Appetite For Highly Commercial 2018 Slate, Followed By Lunch With Focus – CinemaCon