The California Supreme Court turned down the appeal of former Desperate Housewives star Nicollette Sheridan on Friday. In a brief ruling by Chief Justice Tani Gorre Cantil-Sakauye the court “denied” Sheridan’s latest appeal in her legal battle against ABC and Touchstone Television. The ruling represents yet another defeat for the actress in her wrongful termination case. In September, the California 2nd District Court of Appeal denied Sheridan’s petition for a rehearing of the suit. A month earlier another appeals court panel rejected Sheridan’s claim of being wrongfully fired from the ABC show back in early 2009. The jurists in that ruling left open the possibility for Sheridan to pursue claims that she was retaliated against after complaining that Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry struck her in the head during an on-set argument. The lawsuit over Sheridan’s original claims ended in a mistrial March 19th of this year. Neither lawyers for Sheridan nor ABC responded to requests for comment today.
Nicollette Sheridan’s ‘Housewives’ Appeal Denied By State Supreme Court
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest TV News
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List
- Philadelphia Eagles Demolish Minnesota Vikings 38-7 In NFC Championship
- SAG Awards Stunt Ensemble Winners: ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Game Of Thrones’
- New England Patriots Top Jacksonville Jaguars 24-20 in AFC Championship