Sylvester Stallone says he “has no knowledge of Nic Cage joining Expendables 3,” the actor told Deadline today, and that reports of negotiations for the Oscar winner to join the latest film in the action franchise are false. Several news outlets reported yesterday that Stallone had confirmed Cage for the next Expendables movie, citing either a Stallone fan Facebook page purporting to be the actor’s own or comments by Stallone that appeared in Spanish daily El Pais earlier this year. In the El Pais article, Cage’s name — as well as that of Mickey Rourke, who was in the first Expendables, Harrison Ford and Wesley Snipes — were noted as additions to a third Expendables. Those statements were made during European junkets this summer for Expendables 2, when Stallone was asked at a press conference who he would like to see in a possible second sequel. Although the Cage rumors are untrue, what is a fact is that Expendables 3 is in the offering. NuImage/Millennium Films has been selling international distribution rights at AFM this past week.
Nicolas Cage ‘Expendables 3′ Reports False, Says Sylvester Stallone
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit