Sylvester Stallone says he “has no knowledge of Nic Cage joining Expendables 3,” the actor told Deadline today, and that reports of negotiations for the Oscar winner to join the latest film in the action franchise are false. Several news outlets reported yesterday that Stallone had confirmed Cage for the next Expendables movie, citing either a Stallone fan Facebook page purporting to be the actor’s own or comments by Stallone that appeared in Spanish daily El Pais earlier this year. In the El Pais article, Cage’s name — as well as that of Mickey Rourke, who was in the first Expendables, Harrison Ford and Wesley Snipes — were noted as additions to a third Expendables. Those statements were made during European junkets this summer for Expendables 2, when Stallone was asked at a press conference who he would like to see in a possible second sequel. Although the Cage rumors are untrue, what is a fact is that Expendables 3 is in the offering. NuImage/Millennium Films has been selling international distribution rights at AFM this past week.
Nicolas Cage ‘Expendables 3’ Reports False, Says Sylvester Stallone
What's Hot on Deadline
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation