Rocco Landesman today confirmed that he will step down as Chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts at the end of the year. “My intention has always been to serve one term, and we have been able to accomplish more than I had ever thought possible, sparking a national movement around creative placemaking, forging significant relationships with other federal agencies, creating an unprecedented healing arts partnership with the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, and increasing both the scope and impact of our research office”, Landesman said in a statement. NEA Senior Deputy Chairman Joan Shigekawa will serve as acting head of the agency until a permanent successor is confirmed.
NEA Chairman Rocco Landesman Announces Retirement
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories