Rocco Landesman today confirmed that he will step down as Chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts at the end of the year. “My intention has always been to serve one term, and we have been able to accomplish more than I had ever thought possible, sparking a national movement around creative placemaking, forging significant relationships with other federal agencies, creating an unprecedented healing arts partnership with the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, and increasing both the scope and impact of our research office”, Landesman said in a statement. NEA Senior Deputy Chairman Joan Shigekawa will serve as acting head of the agency until a permanent successor is confirmed.
NEA Chairman Rocco Landesman Announces Retirement
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'