Things continue to get better for NBC’s Whitney. In May, the multi-camera comedy received a 13-episode second-season order and a Friday 8 PM slot. Last month, it was upgraded to the higher-profile Wednesday 8 PM berth, which was previously occupied. And now the network has given it an order for five more scripts, increasing the show’s chances for a back episodic order. Whitney, which will open its second season next Wednesday, joins its new time slot mate, freshman comedy Guys With Kids, which also has a five-script order as does new NBC drama Chicago Fire.
NBC’s ‘Whitney’ Gets Order For 5 Scripts
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Latest TV News
- ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ Stars Talk Trip To Paris For Season 2 — Tribeca Studio
- ‘American Idol’ Recovers From Series Low On Sunday
- Ben Silverman & Howard T. Owens' Propagate Invests In Edouard De Vesinne’s French Production Firm Incognita
- Dick Wolf’s ‘Cold Justice’ & ‘Criminal Confessions’ Renewed By Oxygen
- ‘The Last O.G.’ & ‘Search Party’ Renewed At TBS
- CBS All Access Launches In Canada, Marking First Expansion Outside The U.S.