The American Federation of Musicians has reached a new three-year agreement with ABC, CBS and NBC that covers live and recorded TV shows, Variety reports. The TV/videotape pact covers musicians on shows such as Dancing With The Stars as well as bands and guest artists on late-night shows such as Late Show With David Letterman, The Tonight Show With Jay Leno and Jimmy Kimmel Live. The videotape agreement also covers shows like American Idol, Saturday Night Live, The X Factor, The Voice plus the Oscars, Emmys, Golden Globes, Tonys and other awards shows. Negotiations began in September. In October, AFM Locals 47 (LA) and 802 (NYC) protested outside TV studios, handing out leaflets that read “Give musicians fair pay for fair play”. The new accord includes basic wage rate increases, increased pension and health and welfare contributions and new media provisions requiring supplemental payments when TV shows are used or reused in webcasts or online. The AFM said it began negotiations for a successor agreement covering movies and telefilms on November 2. The contract expires February 23.
Musicians Reach Deal With ABC, CBS, NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Film News
- Denzel Washington To Receive New Dramatists’ 2018 Distinguished Achievement Award
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession