The one hour show, called Restore the Shore, will include cast members from MTV’s Jersey Shore as well as guests who’ll be announced later, and will air live on November 15 at 11:00 PM ET, with a tape delay for the west coast. The cable channel will use the funds to rebuild Seaside Heights’ boardwalk and support local businesses and residents. MTV plans to offer online and mobile tools that will make it relatively easy for viewers to donate during the show as well as afterward. The channel says it will announce other details soon. MTV will team with non-profit group Architecture for Humanity which helped to rebuild Haiti after the 2010 earthquake and Biloxi and New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
MTV Schedules Fundraising Special For Hurricane-Ravaged ‘Jersey Shore’ Site
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content