The one hour show, called Restore the Shore, will include cast members from MTV’s Jersey Shore as well as guests who’ll be announced later, and will air live on November 15 at 11:00 PM ET, with a tape delay for the west coast. The cable channel will use the funds to rebuild Seaside Heights’ boardwalk and support local businesses and residents. MTV plans to offer online and mobile tools that will make it relatively easy for viewers to donate during the show as well as afterward. The channel says it will announce other details soon. MTV will team with non-profit group Architecture for Humanity which helped to rebuild Haiti after the 2010 earthquake and Biloxi and New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
MTV Schedules Fundraising Special For Hurricane-Ravaged ‘Jersey Shore’ Site
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- TV Land Hit By Layoffs As Viacom Consolidates And Looks To Cut Costs
- Networks Still Nagged By Weak Ad Growth As Upfront Market Approaches
- Will HBO Team Up With Apple For Online Service Launch?
- Warner Bros CEO Forecasts More Cost Cutting, Even As Studio Grows
- Netflix Looks At ‘Beasts Of No Nation’ As An Experiment
- Chase Carey: Online Video Services Are A “Big Priority” For Fox