The one hour show, called Restore the Shore, will include cast members from MTV’s Jersey Shore as well as guests who’ll be announced later, and will air live on November 15 at 11:00 PM ET, with a tape delay for the west coast. The cable channel will use the funds to rebuild Seaside Heights’ boardwalk and support local businesses and residents. MTV plans to offer online and mobile tools that will make it relatively easy for viewers to donate during the show as well as afterward. The channel says it will announce other details soon. MTV will team with non-profit group Architecture for Humanity which helped to rebuild Haiti after the 2010 earthquake and Biloxi and New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
MTV Schedules Fundraising Special For Hurricane-Ravaged ‘Jersey Shore’ Site
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Business News
- Obamageddon The Final Ride: POTUS In L.A. Monday For ‘Kimmel’ & Last Fundraiser
- Rachel Weisz Leads A Chilly ‘Plenty’ Revival At The Public Theater – Review
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…
- AT&T And Time Warner Unveil Merger Terms Calling It A “Perfect Match”
- Report: AT&T Reaches $80B+ Deal To Acquire Time Warner; Announcement Could Come As Early As Tonight
- Donald Trump Would Nix AT&T’s Acquisition Of Time Warner; Says Such Deals “Destroy Democracy”