The one hour show, called Restore the Shore, will include cast members from MTV’s Jersey Shore as well as guests who’ll be announced later, and will air live on November 15 at 11:00 PM ET, with a tape delay for the west coast. The cable channel will use the funds to rebuild Seaside Heights’ boardwalk and support local businesses and residents. MTV plans to offer online and mobile tools that will make it relatively easy for viewers to donate during the show as well as afterward. The channel says it will announce other details soon. MTV will team with non-profit group Architecture for Humanity which helped to rebuild Haiti after the 2010 earthquake and Biloxi and New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
MTV Schedules Fundraising Special For Hurricane-Ravaged ‘Jersey Shore’ Site
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest Business News
- Time’s Up Turns Down Deven MacNair’s Plea For Help In Fighting Sex Discrimination In Stunt Biz
- ‘Stand Up For Something’ Being Used As Rallying Call For Gun Violence Prevention Movement
- Donald Trump Touts NRA Plan To Arm Teachers At CPAC
- Cinemark Shares Rise On Strong Earnings Results
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association Responds To Brendan Fraser Groping Charge
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service