The one hour show, called Restore the Shore, will include cast members from MTV’s Jersey Shore as well as guests who’ll be announced later, and will air live on November 15 at 11:00 PM ET, with a tape delay for the west coast. The cable channel will use the funds to rebuild Seaside Heights’ boardwalk and support local businesses and residents. MTV plans to offer online and mobile tools that will make it relatively easy for viewers to donate during the show as well as afterward. The channel says it will announce other details soon. MTV will team with non-profit group Architecture for Humanity which helped to rebuild Haiti after the 2010 earthquake and Biloxi and New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
MTV Schedules Fundraising Special For Hurricane-Ravaged ‘Jersey Shore’ Site
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Movie Theater Stocks Rebound After Chains Jettison 'The Interview'
- Lionsgate Sought Deal Talks With Sony Hacked Emails Reveal
- 'The Interview' NYC Premiere Canceled
- Barry Meyer Named To Federal Reserve Bank's Board In San Francisco
- Theater Owners Showing 'The Interview' Put Themselves At Potential Legal Risk
- Sony Shares Fall, But Not Just Because Of The Hack Attack