Monty Python And The Holy Grail producer Mark Forstater is suing the British comedy troupe over profits he says he’s owed from the spin-off Broadway musical Spamalot. Three members of the troupe, Michael Palin, Eric Idle and Terry Jones were in a London court today for opening arguments in the case Reuters reports. Forstater says that under a 1974 agreement with the Pythons he is entitled to one-seventh of profits derived from Holy Grail and any merchandise or spin-offs. Forstater’s lawyer Tom Weisselberg says his client had been receiving his seventh of the profits until 2005, when the Pythons had unilaterally reduced his share to one-fourteenth. Forstater says he believes he’s owed about $400,000. Palin, Idle and Jones are expected to testify in the case next week. The trial is expected to last four to five days.
Monty Python Stars Sued Over ‘Spamalot’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Trailer Arrives: It’s An X-Force To Be Reckoned With
- ‘Monty Python’ Heads To Netflix As SVOD Service Picks Up Entire Comedy Catalog
- BFI Reports Reveal How UK Films Fared At 2017 Global Box Office & On Awards Circuit
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
- On Eve Of AT&T-DOJ Trial, Media Business Weighs The Stakes
- Melina Kanakaredes To Co-Write & Produce Film Based On Life Of ‘On Death & Dying’ Author…