Monty Python And The Holy Grail producer Mark Forstater is suing the British comedy troupe over profits he says he’s owed from the spin-off Broadway musical Spamalot. Three members of the troupe, Michael Palin, Eric Idle and Terry Jones were in a London court today for opening arguments in the case Reuters reports. Forstater says that under a 1974 agreement with the Pythons he is entitled to one-seventh of profits derived from Holy Grail and any merchandise or spin-offs. Forstater’s lawyer Tom Weisselberg says his client had been receiving his seventh of the profits until 2005, when the Pythons had unilaterally reduced his share to one-fourteenth. Forstater says he believes he’s owed about $400,000. Palin, Idle and Jones are expected to testify in the case next week. The trial is expected to last four to five days.
Monty Python Stars Sued Over ‘Spamalot’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?