Monty Python And The Holy Grail producer Mark Forstater is suing the British comedy troupe over profits he says he’s owed from the spin-off Broadway musical Spamalot. Three members of the troupe, Michael Palin, Eric Idle and Terry Jones were in a London court today for opening arguments in the case Reuters reports. Forstater says that under a 1974 agreement with the Pythons he is entitled to one-seventh of profits derived from Holy Grail and any merchandise or spin-offs. Forstater’s lawyer Tom Weisselberg says his client had been receiving his seventh of the profits until 2005, when the Pythons had unilaterally reduced his share to one-fourteenth. Forstater says he believes he’s owed about $400,000. Palin, Idle and Jones are expected to testify in the case next week. The trial is expected to last four to five days.
Monty Python Stars Sued Over ‘Spamalot’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: ‘Wonder’ Makes Awards Play; ‘Dunkirk’ Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig…
- Kumail Nanjiani On How A Pitch To Judd Apatow About A Ghost Witch Movie Begat ‘The Big Sick’ – The…
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The…