Gary Barber’s new agreement follows last month’s announcement that Roger Birnbaum — who had been co-CEO and co-chairman — will return to movie making. “We are thrilled he has chosen to stay at MGM on an exclusive basis,” Barber says. The CEO told investors on a conference call that the company is poised to see a dramatic rise in revenues in the current quarter with the success of its James Bond movie Skyfall, and the release next month of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in partnership with Warner Bros’ New Line. MGM generated net income of $23.4M in Q3, +55.4% vs the period last year, on revenues of $169.3M, virtually unchanged. In response to a question, Barber declined to update investors about the company’s thinking regarding an IPO. “We will update all stockholders at the appropriate time,” he says. MGM announced in July that it “submitted a draft registration statement on a confidential basis” to the SEC for “a possible initial public offering of its Class A common stock.” JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs are managing the IPO plans.
MGM Chief Gary Barber Tells Investors He’ll Stay Through 2017
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest Business News
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Responds To #RIPTwitter, Denies Plans To Alter Timeline: “We Get It”
- FanDuel & DraftKings See Citigroup “Block” Transactions In NY State
- Watch LA Mayor Eric Garcetti Slow-Jam The 101 Freeway Closure
- Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says ‘Star Wars’ Grabbed $50M-$100M From ‘Mockingjay 2’; Stock…
- Worldwide Production Agency Names Five As Partners
- Viacom Reinforces Culture Of Cronyism With CEO As Chairman: Commentary