EXCLUSIVE: Melinda Page Hamilton and Matt Cedeno have landed recurring roles on Lifetime’s upcoming series Devious Maids. Both are expected to be featured in the tweaked pilot and will be upped to series regulars if the dramedy gets renewed for a second season. Marc Cherry‘s pilot Devious Maids, originally developed for ABC last season, is based on the hit Mexican telenovela Ellas son la Alegría del Hogar. It follows the lives of five maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. It stars Ana Ortiz, Judy Reyes, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez as well as Susan Lucci, Edy Ganem, Grant Show, Brianna Brown, Rebecca Wisocky, Tom Irwin, Mariana Klaveno, Brett Cullen and Drew Van Acker. In a four-episode arc, Hamilton will play Odessa, a cold-blooded and controlling housekeeper. The project reunites her with Desperate Housewives creator Cherry — Hamilton also did an arc on Housewives playing Sister Mary Bernard. Hamilton, best know for her portrayal of Anna Draper on AMC’s Mad Men, is repped by Sager Entertainment and SDB Partners. Cedeno, repped by Evolution Entertainment, will play Alejandro Reyes, a successful recording artist. Back home after three long months on tour, Alejandro just wants to lounge by the pool — while behind his back, Odessa and the new maid Carmen are maneuvering themselves for Total War.
Melinda Page Hamilton & Matt Cedeno Join Lifetime’s ‘Devious Maids’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres