The Simpsons creator will receive the WGA West Animation Writers Caucus’ annual Animation Writing Award at the group’s annual meeting tomorrow in Los Angeles. His Futurama co-developer David X. Cohen will present the award to Groening, with WGA West president Christopher Keyser set to introduce the evening at WGAW headquarters. The award recognizes Matt Groening‘s outstanding contributions to the craft of animation writing, as well as his assistance in organizing primetime animation with the WGAW. Founded in 1994, the WGAW’s Animation Writers Caucus represents over 600 animation writers and works to advance economic and creative conditions in the field.
Matt Groening To Get Lifetime Nod From WGA West Animation Caucus
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video