The Simpsons creator will receive the WGA West Animation Writers Caucus’ annual Animation Writing Award at the group’s annual meeting tomorrow in Los Angeles. His Futurama co-developer David X. Cohen will present the award to Groening, with WGA West president Christopher Keyser set to introduce the evening at WGAW headquarters. The award recognizes Matt Groening‘s outstanding contributions to the craft of animation writing, as well as his assistance in organizing primetime animation with the WGAW. Founded in 1994, the WGAW’s Animation Writers Caucus represents over 600 animation writers and works to advance economic and creative conditions in the field.
Matt Groening To Get Lifetime Nod From WGA West Animation Caucus
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Awardsline News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- Andy Serkis On Directing ‘Breathe’ And A New ‘Jungle Book’, His Tips From Peter Jackson & More – Behind…
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul On The Revitalization Of The Original…
- Oscars 2018: A Look At Contenders In The Best Animated Feature Race