Michael Bay announced today that Mark Wahlberg will star in Transformers 4. “Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on Pain And Gain and I’m so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers’ legacy,” Bay said on his website this afternoon. Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce will produce Transformers 4. Bay, Steven Spielberg, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian will executive produce. The fourth film in the mechanical shapeshifting franchise from Paramount is due to hit the big screen on June 27, 2014. The first three Transformers films have grossed $2.6 billion worldwide. The crime comedy Pain And Gain, which stars Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Anthony Mackie, is scheduled to open April 26, 2013. Wahlberg is repped by WME and Leverage Management and Bay also is repped by WME.
SHOCK! Mark Wahlberg Joins ‘Transformers 4’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Disney Swaps Pixar Sequels: ‘Incredibles 2’ Now Set For 2018 & ‘Toy Story 4’ Pushed To 2019
- Norwegian Hit ‘The King’s Choice’ Gets Royal Welcome In N.A. Bow
- Gerard Butler Reteams With Millennium Films For Threequel ‘Angel Has Fallen’
- Eva Longoria, Jeremy Piven & Jessica Szohr Star In Jamie Foxx’s Directorial Debut Pic
- Hollywood Research Firm MarketCast Sold To Kohlberg & Co.
- Marvel’s Annie Chang Joins Academy’s Tech Council