Michael Bay announced today that Mark Wahlberg will star in Transformers 4. “Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on Pain And Gain and I’m so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers’ legacy,” Bay said on his website this afternoon. Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce will produce Transformers 4. Bay, Steven Spielberg, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian will executive produce. The fourth film in the mechanical shapeshifting franchise from Paramount is due to hit the big screen on June 27, 2014. The first three Transformers films have grossed $2.6 billion worldwide. The crime comedy Pain And Gain, which stars Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Anthony Mackie, is scheduled to open April 26, 2013. Wahlberg is repped by WME and Leverage Management and Bay also is repped by WME.
SHOCK! Mark Wahlberg Joins ‘Transformers 4’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Don’t Think Twice’ Gets Summer Release Date
- SAG Awards 2017 Set For January 29; Will Air Live On TNT & TBS
- Charlie Hunnam Tapping Inner Steve McQueen In ‘Papillon’ Remake?
- Millennium Films Lands ‘Victim 321’ With ‘Zero Hour’ Helmer Diego Velasco; As ‘London Has Fallen…
- ‘Big Bad Wolves’ Helmers Aharon Keshales & Navot Papushado Exit Bruce Willis ‘Death Wish’ Remake