Michael Bay announced today that Mark Wahlberg will star in Transformers 4. “Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on Pain And Gain and I’m so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers’ legacy,” Bay said on his website this afternoon. Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce will produce Transformers 4. Bay, Steven Spielberg, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian will executive produce. The fourth film in the mechanical shapeshifting franchise from Paramount is due to hit the big screen on June 27, 2014. The first three Transformers films have grossed $2.6 billion worldwide. The crime comedy Pain And Gain, which stars Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Anthony Mackie, is scheduled to open April 26, 2013. Wahlberg is repped by WME and Leverage Management and Bay also is repped by WME.
SHOCK! Mark Wahlberg Joins ‘Transformers 4’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Deadpool' Nabs All-Time R-Rated Record Opening: $135M Over 3-Days, $150M+ 4-day - Sunday AM First Update
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
Latest Film News
- Debbie Harry Joins ‘I Am The Pretty Thing That Lives In The House’ – Berlin
- WGA Awards: ‘Spotlight’ & ‘The Big Short’ Take Marquee Film Honors; ‘Mad Men’, ‘Veep’ & ‘Mr. Robot’ Top TV…
- Deadline’s 2016 WGA Awards Live Blog
- Paramount Closes Domestic Deal For George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’- Berlin
- Vertical Entertainment Catches Worldwide Rights To Baseball Pic ‘Undrafted’
- Nigel Lythgoe To Exec Produce Dance Pic ‘Tackling Romeo’ – Berlin