EXCLUSIVE: Lou Diamond Phillips will both topline and co-write The Boys Of Eloy, based on the true story of a ragtag co-ed softball team in the prison town of Eloy, Ariz. Phillips, who currently stars in A&E’s Longmire as Harry Standing Bear, plays the coach who gets the team in shape and helps lead them to the 2000 Little League World Series of Softball. Michael Montijo and Noe Gonzalez co-wrote the screenplay with Phillips. The Boys Of Eloy will be the debut feature production for Montijo’s Majority Entertainment. Montijo, Phillips and Douglas Warner are producing. J.B. Roberts, Edward Michaels, and Michael Weiss are executive producing. Phillips is repped by Global Artists Agency and Thruline Entertainment.
Lou Diamond Phillips To Star In ‘The Boys Of Eloy’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘The Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ Will Start Production Again In Feb.
- ‘The Hollars’ Review: John Krasinski’s Directorial Triumph Earns Laughs & Tears
- Gene Wilder: Hollywood Reacts To Legendary Comic Actor’s Death
- Mel Brooks On Gene Wilder: “One Of The Truly Great Talents Of Our Time”
- Gene Wilder Dies: ‘Willy Wonka’, ‘Young Frankenstein’ & ‘Blazing Saddles’ Star Was 83
- MoMA Slates Fall Bardfest With 21 Shakespeare-Related Films