Liza Minnelli will sing an original song with Christian Borle when she appears in an episode of NBC‘s Broadway musical drama Smash in the spring. The multiple Tony Award winner will play herself in the episode, titled “The Surprise Party”, and croon on a tune written by the show’s composers Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman. NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt, who worked with Minnelli while at Showtime on her Liza With A Z Broadway TV special, confirmed the casting today. Smash returns for its second season Tuesday, February 5 at 9-10 PM and settles into its regular 10-11 PM slot the next week. Jennifer Hudson, Jesse L. Martin and Sean Hayes have already been booked for roles in the upcoming season.
Liza Minnelli To Guest Star On NBC’s ‘Smash’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Allison Janney Revives C.J. Cregg For White House Press Briefing
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV