Liza Minnelli will sing an original song with Christian Borle when she appears in an episode of NBC‘s Broadway musical drama Smash in the spring. The multiple Tony Award winner will play herself in the episode, titled “The Surprise Party”, and croon on a tune written by the show’s composers Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman. NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt, who worked with Minnelli while at Showtime on her Liza With A Z Broadway TV special, confirmed the casting today. Smash returns for its second season Tuesday, February 5 at 9-10 PM and settles into its regular 10-11 PM slot the next week. Jennifer Hudson, Jesse L. Martin and Sean Hayes have already been booked for roles in the upcoming season.
Liza Minnelli To Guest Star On NBC’s ‘Smash’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest TV News
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem
- ‘SNL’ Vs Al Franken: Weekend Update Takes On A Former Writer
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2