After all that hype, Lifetime‘s Liz & Dick drew 3.5 million total viewers last night. The TV movie about the tempestuous love affair between Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton is the fourth-most-watched original movie premiere on ad-supported cable this year, drawing 3 million fewer viewers than the 6.5 million who watched Steel Magnolias on the network in October. Almost universally panned, Liz & Dick starred Lindsay Lohan as Taylor and Grant Bowler as Burton. It averaged 1.3 million viewers in the 18-49 demographic and 1.3 million adults 25-54. Lifetime’s Amanda Knox: Murder On Trial In Italy original movie attracted 2.8 million total viewers in February 2011, down from the 5.4 million who tuned in for the network’s The Craigslist Killer in January 2011. Lohan tried to put a good face on Liz & Dick last night while interacting with fans on Twitter. “2 get 2 feel like 1 of the most amazing women in the world was a thrill all around & wearing the jewels wasn’t bad!” she posted.
Lifetime’s ‘Liz & Dick’ Pulls In 3.5 Million Viewers
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- MPAA Plans Runaway Production Summit In D.C.
- Warner Bros Could Be Haunted By New 'Conjuring' Producer Lawsuit
- UPDATE: RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Under The Dome', 'Mistresses' Finale & 'Running Wild' Down On Holiday, 'MasterChef' & 'ANW' Steady
- RATINGS RAT RACE: MDA Telethon Even, 'Big Brother' Down & 'Reckless' Surges As CBS Wins Night
- UPDATED: MPAA Weighs In; Action! California Senate Overwhelmingly Passes $330M Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit