After all that hype, Lifetime‘s Liz & Dick drew 3.5 million total viewers last night. The TV movie about the tempestuous love affair between Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton is the fourth-most-watched original movie premiere on ad-supported cable this year, drawing 3 million fewer viewers than the 6.5 million who watched Steel Magnolias on the network in October. Almost universally panned, Liz & Dick starred Lindsay Lohan as Taylor and Grant Bowler as Burton. It averaged 1.3 million viewers in the 18-49 demographic and 1.3 million adults 25-54. Lifetime’s Amanda Knox: Murder On Trial In Italy original movie attracted 2.8 million total viewers in February 2011, down from the 5.4 million who tuned in for the network’s The Craigslist Killer in January 2011. Lohan tried to put a good face on Liz & Dick last night while interacting with fans on Twitter. “2 get 2 feel like 1 of the most amazing women in the world was a thrill all around & wearing the jewels wasn’t bad!” she posted.
Lifetime’s ‘Liz & Dick’ Pulls In 3.5 Million Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland's Future: $40.7M Four-Day Opening; 'Pitch Perfect 2' Hits $100M+ High Note - First Sunday Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series