Xavier Dolan’s Laurence Anyways won the best Canadian feature film award at Toronto as part of a festival run that included a U.S. premiere at AFI Fest and a world premiere in the Un Certain Regard sidebar at Cannes. That’s where lead actress Suzanne Clement took a best actress nod for her role as a woman coming to terms with her fiance’s admission that he wants to become a woman. The 1990s-set drama has a spot in the upcoming Palm Springs festival and will be released here by Breaking Glass Pictures in the spring. Here’s an exclusive clip that shows why the Cannes jury fell for Clement:
Hot Clip: ‘Laurence Anyways’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'