Investors owning more than 83% of New Frontier’s stock accepted Larry Flynt’s $33M offer — $2.02 a share, plus a 4 cent a share cash payment right — which expired at midnight. That means the Hustler publisher’s Flynt Broadcast has the votes needed to buy the publicly traded company “without the affirmative vote of any other New Frontier shareholder,” the company says. Still, Flynt will buy additional shares directly from New Frontier, at the same price he offered others, to reach 90% — the threshold that would enable him to complete the deal under Colorado law as a “short-form” merger. New Frontier shares are up 1.5% today to $2.05, a 95% increase over the last 12 months — but down nearly 60% over the last five years as the company struggled to compete with the proliferation of online porn. New Frontier produces VOD features, and offers the Penthouse TV premium channel and pay-per-view services packaged as The Erotic Networks (or TEN) that include Xtsy, Juicy, and VaVoom.
Larry Flynt Wins Shareholder Support To Buy Pay TV Porn Provider New Frontier
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Business News
- Jackie Chan-Starring ‘Skiptrace’ Bows Big In China With $62M+ Debut
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz To Resign As DNC Chair After Convention
- AMC Theatres CEO Expects “Hysterical” Carmike Investor Response To Final Offer
- SXSW 2017 Ramping Up With Speakers Including Jill Soloway
- Discovery Communications Ad Sales Chief Joe Abruzzese To Retire At Year End
- Alibaba Pictures Launching $300 Million Investment Fund