Investors owning more than 83% of New Frontier’s stock accepted Larry Flynt’s $33M offer — $2.02 a share, plus a 4 cent a share cash payment right — which expired at midnight. That means the Hustler publisher’s Flynt Broadcast has the votes needed to buy the publicly traded company “without the affirmative vote of any other New Frontier shareholder,” the company says. Still, Flynt will buy additional shares directly from New Frontier, at the same price he offered others, to reach 90% — the threshold that would enable him to complete the deal under Colorado law as a “short-form” merger. New Frontier shares are up 1.5% today to $2.05, a 95% increase over the last 12 months — but down nearly 60% over the last five years as the company struggled to compete with the proliferation of online porn. New Frontier produces VOD features, and offers the Penthouse TV premium channel and pay-per-view services packaged as The Erotic Networks (or TEN) that include Xtsy, Juicy, and VaVoom.
Larry Flynt Wins Shareholder Support To Buy Pay TV Porn Provider New Frontier
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content